Another Imperial Fist

Badaboom

Very well painted! It certainly looks professional.

The only thing I don't like is the bolt pistol, It's way too small. It almost looks like a modern-day uzi or something. 40K weapons in general and bolt weapons in particular should be over-sized.

to me, the right leg seems as though it couldn't actually move that way without being dislocated from the hip. i understand that you were going to a 'turning' type motion, but i think it might be slightly overdone here. the bolt pistol looks to be in perspective, but space marines weapons should be as over-sized as the marines themselves. I actually enjoy the helmet a lot, the line running down it reminds me of a mold line (haha) my only other thought is that the boots are two different patterns (one being very angular, and one looking rounded). not trying to be over the top with criticism, but being an art student myself I've been grilled on little things like this. hope this helps

This is the last piece on fan art I created. It has been done as a part of an art test for GW, so let´s see what they think about it. Anyway, hope you guys like it.

It's for GW? Based on this picture (coloured or not) I'd sure hell hire you! Granted the pistol is a little small but that is a minor quibble considering the rest of the picture - this is after all a test piece. Bravo, brother. ;)

Hi brothers!

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them a lot; too bad it´s way too late to retake the piece, but it doesn´t mean I don´t consider your criticism useful. It was done in a hurry along with another piece (an Empire Greatsword), and the results are not as good as they could be. I´ll get an answer from GW on Monday, but I´m not counting on it just now. I´ll upload soon all the previous steps and sketches, so you can see how much it changed from the first rough to this final look.

Thanks!

Good luck with the art test, I like the art but as others said helmet looks little small. You could easily get away with it though as the artwork throughout the Codices (think that's the plural) has way more variations.

Hi brothers!

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them a lot; too bad it´s way too late to retake the piece, but it doesn´t mean I don´t consider your criticism useful. It was done in a hurry along with another piece (an Empire Greatsword), and the results are not as good as they could be. I´ll get an answer from GW on Monday, but I´m not counting on it just now. I´ll upload soon all the previous steps and sketches, so you can see how much it changed from the first rough to this final look.

Thanks!

wait a second, did we just meet a mature and intelligent person on the internet?

i don't really know what to say?!

either way, the picture looks fantastic, are you able to post a picture of the empire greatsword? i'd very much like to see it.

oh my, thats some astounding work dude, your knowledge of space marine armour....er....anatomy? is really impressive. do you ever get the 'what the hell is supposed to go in that gap' problem when your drawing?

Lol! Thanks, but fortunately Paul Dainton, Karl Kopinski and some other GW illustrators have already faced the same problems and solved them pretty well. I do look a lot at their works in search of inspiration, plus the direct contact I have with my own miniatures, that awesome Starcraft 2 cinematic we all love, the Dawn of War videogames...Lots of help all around!

You sir, have some skills. I can just about handle a stick figure, so seeing people post up stuff like this is cool.

I'd agree with the previous comments about posing/sizing, the first one seems to be in a bit of a ladylike pose with his legs. But apart from that, I like it.

As for your greatsword/any other art, if you post it here, I doubt it would escape the wrath of the inquisition, but you could post a link to the host site? Can't imagine they would get too nasty.

If you get taken in for questioning, I'll deny everything.

@Sceadwe, harvest at will if I fall in battle. Otherwise, I´m afraid I´ll be needing both my brain and soul for painting and, basicly, living.

Thanks a lot for the comments, guys. Have no news from GW so far, but I don´t really hope for a positive answer, so I don´t really care much. If it is the case, you´ll know almost as soon as I do :wacko:

Archived