Belial conversion - UPDATE!

moj0

• 2 weeks later...

Long time reader 1st time poster :rolleyes:

Thought i'd post my current WIP of Belial - very similar to Moj0's idea, but with the Chaos Lords Claws already on it. (dont know if yours have arrived yet or not - so for reference :lol: )

http://88.215.16.103/belial_wip.jpg

I've also used Marneus Calgar as a base, but i got a really poor FineCast version so some detail is obscured (but he was cheap), added the Wings from the DA sprues to the corners, a Hooded head, tried to Green Stuff a DA motif on the front as the skull was so badly cast it looked like a dot! The green stuff on his knee is also where the cast was bad and it was just missing!! Chaos Lord claws are nice although I may try and make some normal looking Power Fist Style thumbs as opposed to the claw ones.

Sorry for the potential thread hijack but figured what you were doing was so similar to mine that it could be of some use :)

Hope that helps

Raz

Edit: removed non related information and relocated (was unaware at time of posting that this was a blog post)

Welcome to the Rock, frater. I would recommend using the Belial Conversion Showcase thread to show off your model, rather than another player's blog.

Cheers. That is a very nice bone you have. Definitely start a blog for your Deathwing! :rolleyes:

Arg, saw the topic too late before you finally chose a head...

Because after reading the 1st post dealing with no- unhelmeted head and GK heads I would have suggested to use the RW sprue's knight head.

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/images/725301784654.jpg

Actually this head has lots of good points : It's an knight helmet, it has a DA iconography, it's not hooded : I've always found stange to have a hooded helmet without any cloak on the reste of the model.

Just my 2 cents

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/damienkirby/d8299263.jpg

With the new Chaos lightning claws, this is the glue tac version.

Also picked up some grey knight terminator heads. What do people think? A tiny little more work to be done with the leather straps hanging down from his waist but I didn't add them bits in this picture as you won't notice it to much. Just wanting to bulk of the model to be seen

+ALSO+

Another army thats ready for the field while im building the deathwing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/damienkirby/e034b1a0.jpg

I really like your Belial! This "What's your problem" stance is very very effective! Look fwd for the painted version!

This other army, what is it? Not Minautors right? If they are I'd like more pictures (heck even if they are not!).

"And yea did the rules change, and the Sword of Silence did sucketh no longer, and lo did the makers of the twin lightning claws gnash their teeth and tear at their sack cloth."

--- The Book of Rules Development

You just know it's gonna happen. :(

Good use of Calgar's body. More Finecast stuff should be seeing much modification due to the ease of working with it as opposed to metal.

Your Belial is looking great, I love the pose. What's your plan for the back where the ammo feeds/cables would connect? File them off and greenstuff the gaps in the cloak, or something fancier?

Your Belial is looking great, I love the pose. What's your plan for the back where the ammo feeds/cables would connect? File them off and greenstuff the gaps in the cloak, or something fancier?

Oh god why did you remind me :blink: either yes try and mold it into the cap or make it look like something hanging off the cap or add power cables from there to the claws to add power but I'm not to sure

Painting should start soon. Tho I'm quite scared of painting this deathwing army I havnt attempted a solid "bone" color in quite a long time and actually very worried I'll Nuff it up...

... The I have seen some quality dipped deathwing armies to create the base of the main color and then gone over all the extra bits to make it look normal...

Oh god why did you remind me :) either yes try and mold it into the cap or make it look like something hanging off the cap or add power cables from there to the claws to add power but I'm not to sure

Painting should start soon. Tho I'm quite scared of painting this deathwing army I havnt attempted a solid "bone" color in quite a long time and actually very worried I'll Nuff it up...

... The I have seen some quality dipped deathwing armies to create the base of the main color and then gone over all the extra bits to make it look normal...

i just placed some deathwing logos on the plates on my calgar bodied belial

Good to know I'm not the only one having problems with that bit! I've seen some really nice Calgar conversions, but nobody ever seems to show a back view and I'm having real trouble coming up with something I think will look natural. Of course I may be over thinking it, Neo's idea of covering the sockets with icons could be the way to go. It would certainly be easier than grinding them off, my Calgar being a metal one.

Painting up my Deathwing is also something I'm worried about, it's a small elite force so I want them to look special, but so far none of my test model experiments have turned out quite right. My next plan is to give Brice Beale's technique a try, but I'm not sure if I have the skill to pull it off. If you're interested, this is how he did his:

I started with a black undercoat and over painted it entirely with Dheneb Stone. I added decals and insignia at this stage. Then I began highlighting the armor going from Dheneb Stone to khaki to white. When I was happy with the highlighting (I use wet blending and extenders to get a smooth even finish), I began adding battle damage. To do this I marked the armor up with a combination of uneven chips and scrapes in likely areas. I used scorched brown as the base and then edged out one side of the chip/scratch with skull white. After completing the damage, I began applying a series of washes starting with Devlan Mud. This is the trickiest stage as the Devlun Mud tends to leave drying circles if allowed to sit too long. After the Devlan Mud I added washes of Gryphonne Sepia and Ogre Flesh to selected areas.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I can't wait to see your Belial finished.

Archived