Ultramarines Terminator Librarian

DrMidas

My most recent miniature. My first real attempt to consistently use thinned paints, also my first finecast. It added a fair amount of time and prep to the work, but I think there's a substantial payoff from the effort.

CIMG0649.JPG

Still need to finish the basing and the scrolls/books.

CIMG0651.JPG

CIMG0652.JPG

CIMG0653.JPG

feedback welcome.

Looks good, especially the power effects on the staff. I would suggest a wash on the metals to help define them more and make them "pop". If you don't have a wash, make a thinned down chaos black (really thin!) and put it into the corners and dark areas. Keep up the good work!

I like this, good tabbard shading! But the glow from the eyes doesn't quite seem "right". It's coming down too far along the face, and I've made this mistake before, Ron Saikowski from FTW has some really good OSL tutorials and Glowing eye examples - he even posted mine as an example of how it can go wrong.

Linky to my Libby and improvements to be made below.

Study in glowing eyes effect

Hope this helps!

Looks much better!

Now here is a top secret, double secret-secret......Go back over the metal areas with your original silver color and add a few highlights. Mainly around the gun and on a few of the rivets on the banner. That will make it pop even more. Only other thing I would suggest is painting the bolter shells gold while leaving the middle belt feed area silver.

Great job!

Archived