Guardians of the Covenant WIP

Zincite

Thanks both.

@rooooot: As I recall, I drilled into it with a hobby drill, before drilling into the already-drilled hole with a larger drill piece taken from a normal drill (Like the ones you'd find in B&Q). Then yeah, I scarred the edges with a hobby knife.

I love the way these guys are coming out! The work on the techmarine was fantastic.

I didn't see it in any posts, but what its the color scheme to achieve your base coat? I'm quite curious because it looks like the PERFECT color to give the impression of a SM statue...something I'd be tempted in when I finally get myself into gear with my diorama.

@Brother Immolator: There's a large amount of Boltgun on them, but the painting is hardly that good. <_<

@Brother Hadrian: Using a large Drybrush, Boltgun metal, then Mithril Silver drybrushes. I sometimes then wash with Badab black before re-drybushing it with Mithril if I'm not feeling lazy. It's then tidied up with pure Boltgun during the painting stage.

And as many "Uhh... Ahh... I think I'll slap this on" stages as needed. Like the Adeptus Mechanicus, my knowledge rarely stays pure. ;)

@Brother Immolator: There's a large amount of Boltgun on them, but the painting is hardly that good. :no:

I didnt mean the heavy metal team,i meant the colours as you guessed,also the eavy metal team are not the best out there,i find their 'extreme highlight doctrine' distasteful and unrealistic to be honest.I prefer simpler schemes like yours.

Archived