Remote Controlled Aluminium Predator Destructor

How much internal space is the 1:12 scale going to provide?

Depending on how many rounds you want to fire etc. you may need a fairly sizeable CO2 canister.

Would have thought air soft would have been much easier and a space saver. Could just cut up a cheap BB gun that has an electronic reload mechanism perhaps then stuff it in the turret.

A larger co2 tank shouldn't be needed, find a little 3.5oz tank (they're designed for pump-class paintball markers) and you'll easily get 200 shots, depending on the marker platform you scavenge for the project

I will connect them with 0.5mm brass rods to make the treads.

You'll need to be real careful with the torque of the drive engines. I'd be afraid that the shear point of the brass is a little too low and that aluminum tracks, with a little torque, will snap them like twigs.

Remote Controlled driving and turret moving.
-Laserpointer aiming for turret.
.50cal paintball.

Can't be long before this thing turns into an autonomous robot, patrolling the neighbourhood FOR THE Emperor.

Great project!

Autonomous? You speak heresy brother. The Adeptus Mechanicus will censure you for that. All you need to do is lobotomize a squirrel and you can have Power of the Machine Spirit.

Autonomous? You speak heresy brother. The Adeptus Mechanicus will censure you for that. All you need to do is lobotomize a squirrel and you can have Power of the Machine Spirit.

Hahahaha i can see it now!

I will connect them with 0.5mm brass rods to make the treads.

You'll need to be real careful with the torque of the drive engines. I'd be afraid that the shear point of the brass is a little too low and that aluminum tracks, with a little torque, will snap them like twigs.

I'm not stupid. I upscaled my designs and goals a couple of times since the conceiving of this tread and what I said there would be for a 1:56 size model to build, but at the end of the day I want to cross with it and shoot. You don't need to worry about me building it to light. ;)

As a journeymen machinist, I'm really interested to see how this turns out. :lol:

If you have access to CNC machinery in your spare time and are willing to work with metric sizes(the original miniature is metric; thank God.) I could send you the drawings when I have finished them.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/OlMoth/NieuweAssembly.png

Looks like much the same as what I already posted I guess but I started again from scratch and on the right scale. What you're looking at is about 36 pieces of aluminium varying in thickness from 4 to 8 mm with a weight of 2,7 kilograms.

Obligatory update for this evening:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/OlMoth/Rhino2.png

Simplified some parts and made new ones. Current weight: 4.5 kilograms.

I think I'll paint it in Ad Mech colours when I am finished.

I have never even thought of that but I'll keep it in mind if someone asks.

This week I'll be ordering some industrial rubber to cast the tracks. The tracks will be milled aluminium pieces stacked on their side with cast rubber around it with the grip pattern that the miniature rhino has.

When I finished that drawing I'll post it here.

• 6 months later...

I have been away from this project for some time due to school and gaming and still figuring out how to do everything.

I know, I'm as changing as the wind and I have changed my mind on some issues again.

scale will become 1:14 because 1:12 gave me very unconventional sizes I should use and fabricate and 1:14 lets me use stock material we have at the shop and that saves work and effort.

Paintball autocannon and smoke generators in the exhausts and remote controlled is still the name of the game. But I'll give it extra armour because I like the revised Forgeworld kit and bought it.

Sponsons are tricky to make the Heavy Bolters so I'm thinking about giving him Missile Launchers like the kind dreadnoughts walk around with for sponsons. But I also heard there might be a plasma cannon kit coming for the predator and that sounds nice.

I have begun all over again for like the 3rd time, at least my drawing skills for this program get some good practice haha.

The result so far and will continue with it.:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/OlMoth/PredatorReinforced-1.png

Archived