Dante's Honour Guard

shin-ryu-ken

Ok so when Dante goes to war, assuming points are no option and being as fluffy as possible, what do you think his personal Honour Guard would consist of? I am mainly doing this for fun but would like it to be legal so I can roll it out on special occasions.

I'm thinking all with power swords, maybe storm shields (not sure about this, maybe just the Blood Champion), chapter or possibly personal banner (discussed in other thread :huh: ) . Blood Champion, Novitiate. All with jump packs. Maybe a cherub type servitor thing to hang around with them a bit like Azreal's watcher.

Do you think he'd be accompanied by a Reclusiarch? Techmarine? Maybe a Librarian? Kind of redundant as I'm planning on putting them all in his own personal Stormraven and wont have room for anyone else, maybe they'd take up two :P. Just wondered what Dante's retinue would be like as he's the oldest, most revered and tactically gifted chapter master in the whole Imperium, figure it'd be kinda special. Is there any fluff on it? Names? Are they just drafted in from the 1st company or are they a seperate entity from the standard company organization?

And modelling-wise probably will use Sanguinary Guard with normal jump packs and normal marine helmets/bare heads . Stick wings from Death Company sprue on side of jump packs, small wings on ankles, loads of purity seals. Will give Dante Astorath's jump pack with wings I think and swap his axe for a sword (just always thought a sword was more appropriate for some reason). Any suggestions and ideas appreciated

Ok so when Dante goes to war, assuming points are no option and being as fluffy as possible, what do you think his personal Honour Guard would consist of?

1*Plasma gun

1*Melta gun

2*Power axe and bolt pistol

1*Power axe and plasma pistol

(someone will get it)

Ok so when Dante goes to war, assuming points are no option and being as fluffy as possible, what do you think his personal Honour Guard would consist of?

1*Plasma gun

1*Melta gun

(someone will get it)

I don't get it.

;)

I do notice that it's not possible to field, though. You only get four models to upgrade... :D

1*Plasma gun

1*Melta gun

(someone will get it)

Angels of Death :D

?

Showing my age here.....The old Blood Angel/Dark Angel codex from the early ninties; its what got me into BA all those years ago when I was a nipper. It has a photograph of Dante and his 5 man HG in the 'eavy metal section and the quoted weapons are what they are armed with. Incidently they are red with gold helms ;)

Showing my age here.....The old Blood Angel/Dark Angel codex from the early ninties; its what got me into BA all those years ago when I was a nipper. It has a photograph of Dante and his 5 man HG in the 'eavy metal section and the quoted weapons are what they are armed with. Incidently they are red with gold helms :(

Mid or late nineties, thank you very much. :D

nope, the angels of death codex is early ninties, the 3rd ed Blood Angel Supplement codex (that needed the marine dex to be usable) was late nineties :P

that being said, the same honour guard squad are represented in that book too ;)

edit - nevermind, I'll give you mid nineties :P 1996 for Angels of Death, then 1998 for Blood Angels 3rd Ed :D

Mid or late nineties, thank you very much. ;)

edit - nevermind, I'll give you mid nineties :P 1996 for Angels of Death, then 1998 for Blood Angels 3rd Ed :P

Ha ha you would be right I didn't do my sums did I! Yep I was 14 (29 now) so that would make it '96. In fact my own Dante was from that era although I never got round to making his HG.

To the op - sorry for derailing your thread (kind of) as for Dante's current HG now I would go for choppy, and I think they would be well tooled:-

2 x power weapon dudes

The (Chapter!) Blood Champion

Chapter Banner with 'fist or hammer

Noviate

Maybe some infernus pistols on the PW guys to complement Dante's or change them to 'claw/storm shield if you want to spend even more points ;)

1*Plasma gun

1*Melta gun

(someone will get it)

Angels of Death :P

?

Showing my age here.....The old Blood Angel/Dark Angel codex from the early ninties; its what got me into BA all those years ago when I was a nipper. It has a photograph of Dante and his 5 man HG in the 'eavy metal section and the quoted weapons are what they are armed with. Incidently they are red with gold helms ;)

Never again will we see such an awesome rule book again ;)

That is of course until GW pull there finger out and actually care about the player base

Archived