The Blood Wardens

Castiel

Hello!

I'm currently in the process of starting my own Blood Angels Successor chapter, I call them the Blood Wardens. They are a chapter of the 4th founding, more background to be devised! I have created this paint scheme for them:

sm.php?b62c=@hXbsb_hcXvU.hyvFn@@@@@@@hGxVO@iakk7@@i8khii8khi@@@___@___@_@_@___@@___@@..@@@@@@@@@@@@@.iakk7&grid=TRUE

I am currently trying to think of an easy to paint icon for them, I was thinking of a white shield with a blood droplet on it, but I am looking for other suggestions for ideas as I am not sure about it.

I would be grateful for any and all comments and suggestions! :huh:

Castiel

Hello again!

Just thought I'd post my scheme for my Death Company:

sm.php?b62c=@haLvy_hXbsb.hyvFn@@@@___hGxVO_.@@i8khii8khi@@@@@@@@@@@_@_@@@@__@@@__..@@@___@@_@@@@.iakk7&grid=TRUE

I have started to assemble models now, I bought the SG kit and a BA batalion, so farI have made a Captain converted from the SG kit, and have also made my death company squad and Tactical and Assault squad sergeants. Still to assemble the rest of the squads and the rhino. Pictures to follow!

Again, any and all feedback, questions and suggestions on any aspect of the army are welcome!

Castiel

looks good. are you gonna follow the blood angel helm docterine thingy? As for the sheild, it could look kinda knights of blood like... Not sure if thatwould be something you would be into or not.maby a diferent outline could make the difference there... For other thoughts warden suggests they are protectiing something. maby think on that?

how about crossed halberds or swords behind a blood drop to signify warding or guarding? or a white key inside a blood drop? Does your Chapter guard something specific? perhaps you could include a representation of that?

Hey if you want to see what your death company scheme will look like on a painted model just look at my B&C gallery. That's the exact scheme of my last blood angel army. It looks dark and menacing, but it gets boring after you've painted 3000 points of it.

Hi

Thanks for all the suggestions! :mellow:

@ Brother Nathan: Thanks! I am planning on using the BA helmets as it works with the colour scheme, although the devastator helmets will be darker to match the armour. I hadn't spotted the crossover with the Knights of Blood, I'm going to keep this lot loyal, so I'll rethink the icon!

@ I am Legion: They look great, just how I'd like mine to look! Really good painting too, I hope mine look half as good as yours!

@ SGK and Brother Nathan: The original thinking behind warden in the name was that the were guarding the secrets of the rage and thirst in their blood until a cure could be found, but I'm thinking of changing it to something else, not quite sure what yet, any suggestions? The original reason for the shield was related to guarding, but as above to similar to Knights of Blood, but I like the Idea of crossed swords with a blood drop! I'll try to decide what they're guarding and see if that gives me any other ideas for what the heraldry should be.

Thanks!

Castiel

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, its been a while, but heres a bit of an update:

Chapter Name: The Blood Wardens

Founding: Fourth founding (c. 200 M32)

Gene-seed: Blood Angels

Homeworld: (Fortress world in Segmentum Tempestus)

Fortress Monastery: The Wardenhold

Battle Cry:

Combat Doctrine: Counter-assault

Just be careful choosing the colours, blue and red together can easily look bad. If they are the same brightness it won't look as good as if they are different brighntess. Well, thats my opinon anyways. A dark blue and blood red looks good, and enchanted blue and a really dark and sinister red also looks great.

The DC looks good, but have you tried a yellow or gold helmet there instead? Black and yellow do wonders together :(

I don't wanna sound like a whiner here, but the battle cry, 'Defend with the Angel's fury' and the combat doctrine 'Assault' don't really mix well.

Thanks for the feedback!

@ judaz: I plan to use blood red and midnight blue. Death company: I will try the gold/yellow helmets. as for the doctrine I intend to change it to counter attack/assault as per ring around the roses suggestion (if I was being pedantic I would say attack is the best form of defence!) :lol:

Thanks again I will have more for you soon!

Archived