Chaplain

FallenLion

Ok so I should get a chaplain. But what builds do you lot normally run?

The terminator chaplain looks amazing, can deep-strike / teleport, and has terminator armour xD

However, the jump-pack chaplain also looks attractive - Chaplain + assault squad = fun

I'm asking because I only every played 2 games xD and they were standard set ups and now I want to expand and experiment with the 2nd company more :)

Reclusiarch counts too - I thought they were just senior chaplains :)

Chaplains I prefer to leave cheap.

I run 2 different chaplains at times.

1) No upgrades. His job is to run around with the DC in a rhino/Land Raider.

2) Jump Pack and Infernus Pistol (though I prefer to run this guy as a Reclusiarch to a normal Chaplain). Joins a squad to add a bunch of punch. Not a DC squad (if I was running jump pack DC I'd go with Lemartes with them).

JP chappies unless you're running Termies. Before the current codex I ran Chappies all the time and without upgrades they are pretty awesome. But after being frustratingly locked in combat with a wraithlord for three turns with no way to kill it I started running a PF on my chaps. With the Crozius and PF you can choose. Fast kills at Initive or big squish at I1.

Like JamesI I usually run a Reclusiarch. He's got one more wound, attack and initiative than a normal chaplain for 30 more points. I've always liked Chaplains - and an even beefier Chaplain is just gravy. The terminator chaplain model is very cool, one of my favorites. However, I don't take them very often because you're usually trading 1 attack for a 2+ (instead of 3+) armor save.

I look forward to reading more of your exploits with the sons of Sanguinius!

well depending on what you want to run in your army you can have 2 chaplains and a Reclusiarch and Lemartes....and this is will 3 San Priests too.

Put the Reclusiarch with Jump Pack with Vanguard Vets and the 2 chaplains with two Assault Squads(and lemartes goes with the DC) With the Priests spread around to get alot in FnP bubbles.

If only I had to models I would run this at Ardz Boyz this year as a footslogging army.

My fav way to run them is with a power fist on foot. I throw them in with DC or squad mounted in LR or SR. It gives the unit a PF attack. And if I really need him to hit first, I can always have him hit with the crozius.

Archived