Furioso weapon options

awfulawful

Hello,

I've tried searching for this, but can't find anything.

Am I reading the codex entry for the Furioso correctly in that one cannot take a frag cannon along with a single blood talon? The frag cannon option specifically says that a blood fist must be exchanged for it, and the blood talon option requires the exchange of both blood fists.

Is that how others have read it?

Thanks.

That would seem to be correct. Not really sure why you'd want to bother, though. One blood talon isn't terribly useful, and you'd be sacrificing any anti-vehicle capability the dread would have in close combat. Plus if you're going with frag cannon then obviously fighting against infantry in CC isn't really your intended goal.

Your interpretation is correct.

I'd like to add though that when taking a Frag Cannon, I believe that the Blood Fist makes sense to take anyway. The Frag Cannon - Heavy Flamer - Blood Fist combination has more than enough template goodness to mop up infantry, which makes the Blood Fist almost mandatory for dealing with hard targets in CC.

What would be the benefit of a single Blood Talon anyway?

Like JMac said, just the re-rolls. The benefit isn't huge. I was working on my Furioso model, and was just pondering loadouts when the question popped into my head.

Thanks for all the replies.

No different than a single Lighting Claw on an infantry model; his attacks still get re-roll to wound. The additional claw/talon just adds an additional attack...and, you know, the whole "reaping monster fandango" thing.

There is definitely an oversight built in there, as the Blood Talons entry makes a point of telling us that two talons grant the additional benefit (as if you had a choice in the matter) while the army list entry really does clearly show you do not have a choice in the matter.

There is definitely an oversight built in there, as the Blood Talons entry makes a point of telling us that two talons grant the additional benefit (as if you had a choice in the matter) while the army list entry really does clearly show you do not have a choice in the matter.

I can see what you mean, but I think it is included and intended for the purpose of a weapon destroyed result on the vehicle damage chart.

I can see what you mean, but I think it is included and intended for the purpose of a weapon destroyed result on the vehicle damage chart.

Ah ha! Good point!

Archived