Chapter master Gabriel Angelos

Alaitoc

Hi!

As some of you know I have a Blood Ravens army being painted to tabletop standard, and as accurate to the look of the gameplay in DoW 1 and 2 as possible. Therefore, I decided to do a model of Gabriel Angelos after Retribution, as Chapter master of the blood ravens.

This is my reference:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110408175010/warhammer40k/images/thumb/c/c8/Gabriel_Angelos.png/350px-Gabriel_Angelos.png

And here's the result:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/Gorthor/3e4ccc75.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/Gorthor/4cae2a88.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/Gorthor/f87b72c0.jpg

I hope you guys like him!

That model is beautiful, the lightning on the hammer is really well done and the Blood Ravens chapter badge looks fantastic, especially on the cloak.

And if that's tabletop standard then I seriously need to try harder!!

Just yesterday I was saying to myself "I wish someone would make a Blood Ravens army." I'm glad that there's one in production, I personally love that Chapter. That model looks great, I think that the robed legs and cape actually work together quite nicely.

You should definitely do Dreadnought Thule, he was my favourite character after Angelos. :D

Just yesterday I was saying to myself "I wish someone would make a Blood Ravens army." I'm glad that there's one in production, I personally love that Chapter. That model looks great, I think that the robed legs and cape actually work together quite nicely.

You should definitely do Dreadnought Thule, he was my favourite character after Angelos. :wacko:

Too bad he died in the newest DoW 2 (Thule I mean)

Aaaah, man! Thank you for all the kind feedback you've given me! Some of you might be right about stuff like the robe, shoulderplate etc. but in the ending in retribution, in my head he still got his mantle, and his legs are covered with robes.

Tigon, you're right about that extended shoulderplate! Didn't think about that actually... He's finished now anyway, so I don't think I'll change something right now.

For all of you that are curious at my army, you can check it out here:

My blood ravens army

You should definitely do Dreadnought Thule, he was my favourite character after Angelos. ;)

Too bad he died in the newest DoW 2 (Thule I mean)

He only dies in the Chaos campaign, and I don't think that's canon. He doesn't appear in the Space Marine campaign at all.

He appears in the end actually and Diomedis(Bruuuvvvaaaaaa I am hit!!!!!)recovers whats left of him...A torso with a head and all limbs missing...

Very nice convertion!!!You have captured the spirit of the ending quite nice there!Though i would have added some bionics into his hands too.But leave him as he is he is just too nice!

Hey Alaitoc, nice conversion. One question though, how hard was it to get the marine commander's torso to fit the DA robed legs? I ask because I want to have my DA captain wearing robes, but also wearing the cloak from the commander boxed set. The robed legs come with the rear of the torso attached, I suppose it would take a fair bit of cutting and filling to get the cloak to fit, am I right?

Archived