Antithesis of thousand sons

I origionally picked thousand sons as a slow force that could handle both combat and shooting as apposed to my tau who were fast and shooty. Having sold much of the tau I want to start another SM army.

I would like to go Loyalist this time yet opposite of Thousand sons without being Space wolves as my girlfriend collects those.

I am afraid that I am not entirely sure what you want,

A non-TSons force as in say, a Tzeentchian warband/cult? or a Loyalist chapter who has had run-ins with the TSons?

I originally picked thousand sons as a slow force that could handle both combat and shooting
You picked it for the wrong reasons. The TSons have never been stellar in combat. ;)

A non-TSons force as in say, a Tzeentchian warband/cult? or a Loyalist chapter who has had run-ins with the TSons?

I originally picked thousand sons as a slow force that could handle both combat and shooting
You picked it for the wrong reasons. The TSons have never been stellar in combat. :lol:

Maybe he started back in 3.5 they weren't too shabby then when they were able to take a PF on the sorceror and the rubrics themselves all had 2 wounds. Those were fun days.....

If you want to go opposite and loyalist I'd probably say either BT or BA since you don't want wolves.

They have never been stellar combat troops but what i ment Is they are better at combat than Tau, An army with 1 power weapon in the whole codex and it's on a special character, and Pretty much WS 3 I 2 Across the board.

I didn't want full on combat, or i would have gone with something else I wanted some combat and some shooty

and yes I did play first with the 3.5 codex. I would love to have been able to try the 3 codex where TS were imune to less than str 5 weapons.

I've allways been a fan of Johnson. And since my girlfriend picked Space Wolves without knowing they hated my thousand sons, I could complete the "Hate Triangle"

so I was thinking of maybe a DIY DA sucessor.... or Dornian Heresy Unforgiven.... constantly hunted by the luthorites seems like a cool idea. Like fallen but not.

I think DA is a good decision, besides the fact that Im DA. I have about 3000 points of Tsons myself and I find that they can be a little one way when it comes to playing them. I tend to like DA just for the fact that you have alot of different approaches for fielding them. Dont know if that gives another perspective or not...

Coot

You picked it for the wrong reasons. The TSons have never been stellar in combat. :tu:

Compared to tau though?

Black Templars? That's about as polar opposite as you can get from TS if you're planning on going loyalist.

After playing against a Black Templar in the last tourney i'd say these are the most opposite, even in play style.

Archived