Sevatarion Jago

Greyall

Not to me the Night Lords. They're too..."pragmatic" and underhanded in battle to my liking, too reliant on surprise. That said, they tend to exhude a sense of threat above many of the other chapters. After all, if a guy who's capable of beating entire enemy squads with his bare hands chooses to use subtelty, there must be something wrong with him.

Now, if there's something "wrong" with your toaster, it'll spew black smoke, make funny noises and ruin your breakfast. When something is "wrong" with a 2-and-a-half meters tall heavy-armoured super-soldier, that means you'll be the one making the funny noises. Right before you die of stress-induced dysentery. So, you have an army of Batmen who like their job too much and like guts even more. What could be worse?

Ah, yes...those are the average soldiers. The 1st Company Captain, for example, throws the Batman part away and just. Plainly. Loves. Guts.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/195/2/f/nostraman_calendar___july_by_greyall-d3rcxxw.jpg

Do note the profusion of human-collected mementos.

So, I asked for information about Sevatar some time ago, let's see if I nailed it.

Halberd - Well, yyyyyyy-es, I'd say the hilt-length makes it a halberd, even if on the shorter side.

Atramentar Lion-Shoulder Pad - Check, I just put him facing the front instead of actually being the shoulder pad.

Chains holding the weapons to the gauntlets - Done

Skin patches - Done

Dia de Los Muertos skull drawn by Girlfriend - Yes

You might find his head is too small, so hear my explanation for that: the skull you see is painted on his helm. The problem is, the rest of his helm is covered in photo-absorbent cells that, combined with his "collar", give the impression of Sevatar's head being just a skull.

Hope you like it, mates, and thanks for the info.

You might find his head is too small, so hear my explanation for that: the skull you see is painted on his helm. The problem is, the rest of his helm is covered in photo-absorbent cells that, combined with his "collar", give the impression of Sevatar's head being just a skull.

Still, While I like the concept - I am not a fan of the tiny head (it is well drawn, but too small) or the design on the gun.

But everything else is over the top crazy awesome in all the right ways. ;)

The gun is a huge flaw on my part, the perspective is horrendous. The idea was to have two symmetrical wings enveloping the barrel, but I failed on that department. As to the design itself, I went over-the-top on purpose, I see it as part of the Night Lords' act.

I tried and tried to imagine how the head effect would look in real life. While I share the opinion that it looks smallish, I think a human or non-brainless alien would find it horrifying. Astartes, of course, feel no fear, but even they would find disturbing to face a seemingly-skeletal marine.

Thanks a bunch. =)

I rather hate to torment your soul, but that's not a halberd. A halberd is a long shaft of wood with a point similar to a spear on top, and axe directly below that, and a hook or point on the back of the axe, like so:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080824200753/pirates/images/thumb/7/7f/Halberd.jpg/800px-Halberd.jpg

He's excellent otherwise, especially the plasma pistol. ;)

Just splendid once more. Backpack and its helmet (why is there a helmet there btw ?) catches the eye a bit too much while the skull must get all the attention (don't know if I make myself clear, sorry for such an hesitant babling). The idea of the helmet is an excellent one but I would have seen it a little bigger, this skull is really small.

Your skills are just impressive, can't wait to see next one (a chaplain with a small squad of novices in chaplaincy would be just awesome IMHO).

DS

Lack of colour strikes again: it's a Dark Angels helmet, this artwork is from around the time of Savage Weapons, so while Sevatarion hasn't changed that much, he now lacks any problem with wearing his "cousins'" trophies.

The skull, aye, I could really have made it bigger, much as I like the idea.

Thanks a bunch, man.

I gotta say I'm not a fan of the skull idea, but the rest of this drawing is bang on! My favorite details are the Dark Angels' helmet, the Lion shoulder pad, and the bat membrane thing surrounding his head. Really cool stuff, here.

Chaos is so much more fun to draw than the Loyalists, isn't it? :devil:

• 4 weeks later...
I actually like the "floating head" it makes it very 'sleepy hollow'. Also the Plasma Pistol has a nice look should it have been just a tad bigger. Also your 'human parts' skin wise are awesome but the skulls are all under sized. unless your going for his name as Sevatar the 'baby slayer'. But it is an awesome piece now color it and post it. I'd like to see that.

Archived