The call of Chaos - TDA's workspace

Have to agree with Terminatorinhell, never was a fan of that helmet, but here it fits just right, well done! Actually, it seems that the current CSM boxes and the termies in particular, was designed specifically for the Word Bearers.

Also love your wound marker, great idea that I'll have to use someday...

Now with a finished base

med_gallery_17075_6302_574026.jpg

And with some servants from the empyrean

med_gallery_17075_6302_966335.jpg

Seeing the photos I've noticed a mold-lines on the skill and poach on the trophy racks so I'll have to go back and fix those, I've also noticed a few other minor things I'll have to take care of as well.

TDA

So I finished another Flamer and another Horror

med_gallery_17075_6302_12662.jpg

And I also went back and did some touch ups on my Obliterators that I found

med_gallery_17075_6302_928742.jpg

And here's what I'm currently working on:

med_gallery_17075_6302_399347.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_106363.jpg

3 more Horrors, 1 more Flamer and 8 faux Daemonettes, just enough for me to create 2x8 packs of Generic Daemons. By the Gods I dislike that unit designation :tu:

TDA

med_gallery_17075_6302_422332.jpg

Well, that makes first half of the faux Daemonette pack finished.

Now here's something else I managed to come up with inbetween waiting for paint and inks to dry;

med_gallery_17075_6302_431335.jpg

Some objective markers/tokens! Now I've decided for each combat-squad equivalent I finish I get to paint up one of these! Meaning I get to paint up one of them right now B)

Quick question on the objective markers though, what size are people most commonly using for these? 25mm as the ones I've made or 40mm? GW's site make it seem like you can do whatever you want but I've seen some tournaments putting it at 40mm, (I'd imagine for simplicity and for people being able to make some actually interesting objectives).

Well, with that out of the way I'm trying to decide on what to do after I finish the first token.

Continue with the rest of the faux Daemonettes?

Continue with the Horrors/Flamers pack I already started as well?

A Combat-Squad of Word Bearer marines?

med_gallery_17075_6302_557233.jpg

Or a small Termicide squad?

med_gallery_17075_6302_465643.jpg

Ack the decisions! <_<

TDA

Returning to this with a bit of progress.

med_gallery_17075_6302_1244.jpg

Still a Horror short, the model needs some green stuffing to fix a few problems.

Also I did two new wound markers for the Dark Apostle, found a pair of Huron's pets in my bits box and couldn't resist using them. They might even double as objective tokens representing some unnamed Greater Daemon or Daemon Prince loosing it's favorite pets :P

Currently working on updating my Gibbering Horde swarms and then it's time for some Terminators.

TDA

So I've been experimenting a bit lately, and this is the results I got;

med_gallery_17075_6302_682174.jpg

A fantastically crappy photo but you can make out what it is, molded Word Bearer should pads :)

Also I've done some work on the termies;

med_gallery_17075_6302_749558.jpg

And showing off their pads;

med_gallery_17075_6302_51124.jpg

I've also done some work on one of my icon bearers;

med_gallery_17075_6302_299039.jpg

And to round this post off I have a close up shot of the new wound markers I made :D

med_gallery_17075_6302_383452.jpg

TDA

It's been a slow week.

med_gallery_17075_6302_550779.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_592390.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_50984.jpg

Updated the Dark Apostle a bit. Added a few seals on the shoulder pads and on his right arm. Also added a proper molded Legion insignia and painted it up.

med_gallery_17075_6302_354853.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_167946.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_618391.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_326644.jpg

Painted up the icon bearer as well. The rest of the squad needs alot of GS work though so I got tired of them.

med_gallery_17075_6302_414303.jpg

And started working on the terminators instead.

Robes still PIP, as well as all the bling on their tights. Upper bodies are untouched for now.

All for now.

TDA

• 4 weeks later...

TDA,

How where you able to do the Latros Sacrum molds for the termi shoulders? Any chance you could do some kind of tut or something? Plz?

I am working on my Word Bearer Termies and tried sculpting some for the shoulder pads by hand and failed miserably. ;)

So any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated... I find your WIP thread here very motivational ;)

(and if I can ever force myself to take the time to sit down and figure out how to get my pics of my stuff I'm working on up on the sight, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on them)

Anyhow, Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

~BtW

Hello thread! It's been a while :P Been busy with school for the past few weeks but things are looking to calm down a bit next week, or well, at least until i find a job and get busy with that instead ;)

TDA,

How where you able to do the Latros Sacrum molds for the termi shoulders? Any chance you could do some kind of tut or something? Plz?

I am working on my Word Bearer Termies and tried sculpting some for the shoulder pads by hand and failed miserably. <_<

So any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated... I find your WIP thread here very motivational ;)

(and if I can ever force myself to take the time to sit down and figure out how to get my pics of my stuff I'm working on up on the sight, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on them)

Anyhow, Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

~BtW

The mold was really simple actually!

First I took an empty base, but on a large blob of freshly mixed green stuff, then I put a few drops of water on one of the old metal Word Bearer pads and pressed it down into the GS blob.

Then I left it to dry for two days as I was busy with other stuff.

Finally I put a small blob of fresh GS on an empty terminator pad and then I put a few water drops on the GS and then I simply pressed the finished mold onto the blob to get it into the shape.

After that it was only the matter of figuring out the best amount of GS to use and how to trim off excess GS from the pad.

Easy as pie :)

Very nice sir! One thing:

med_gallery_17075_6302_383452.jpg

Perhaps a highlight on the eyes so it isn't just one colour? The eyes are where your eyes (Or, at least, mine) focus on these model really, and they don't have much there. :)

It's actually Golden Yellow highlighted with Sunburst Yellow, but it doesn't show that good in the pics.

I'll do some thinking about whether to give it another highlight with some Skull White mixed with Sunburst Yellow or maybe even pure Skull White. :(

All for now!

TDA

Have to agree with Terminatorinhell, never was a fan of that helmet, but here it fits just right, well done! Actually, it seems that the current CSM boxes and the termies in particular, was designed specifically for the Word Bearers.

Dunno, I don't like the helmet or any of the chaos tusked helmets. The whole "horney raiders" thing is a bit overdone IMO, which is why I plan on trying to avoid horns on my Word Bearers. I'd rather go for the evil preacher/mystic look.

On the issue of icons and the current CSM box, one of the problems we had when the WD update to 3.0 daemons came out and suddenly our CSMs were expected to be carrying icons for all squads and not just the lord's retinue- and there was no banner pole arm anywhere to be found in the plastic chaos lineup. So its not so much that the new box was designed for the Word Bearers, but that it finally caught up to the rules and standards of a modern chaos codex.

Sure beats having to keep a box of WFB spear bearers for hand transplants.

Archived