Shooting and assault vehicle/passengers

Sam88

Hey guys,

Just wondering, I just read that it's ok to shoot a transport with a unit (say assault marines) and then assault whatever was inside it when they fall out of the smoking wreck. Is that right? Because I was always under the impression you can only assault what you shot, and if you destroyed it well too bad.

Can I get some clarification over here please :)

Ta!

Hey guys,

Just wondering, I just read that it's ok to shoot a transport with a unit (say assault marines) and then assault whatever was inside it when they fall out of the smoking wreck. Is that right? Because I was always under the impression you can only assault what you shot, and if you destroyed it well too bad.

Can I get some clarification over here please :)

Ta!

thats correct, its the only exception to the assault what you charge rule..

if you shoot a transport and wreck/destroy it, you can then charge the disembarking squad in the assault phase

I assume you mean assault what you shoot GC08? :cuss

For reference have a look at page 67 of the BRB, it's after the Destroyed results on the Effect of Damage Results on Passengers section, right above the Dedicated Transports box.

I assume you mean assault what you shoot GC08? :P

damn, your right, serves me right for posting when i havent slept for over 20 hours

No worries mate, we all do it :(.

I assume you mean assault what you shoot GC08? ;)

damn, your right, serves me right for posting when i havent slept for over 20 hours

No worries mate, we all do it :).

Guilty.

Archived