[Artwork] 3D Model WIP

Hehe, don't hold your breath, i have no idea how this'll turn out.

I chose the Dreadclaw because it has a few advantages:

1. it's boxy. I use Google Sketchup, and round shapes are a pain in the rectum to do there.

2. it's axially symmetric. The basic layout is an octagon, so i just have to model about 12.5%.

3. i haven't seen anyone else do one, so i'm not at risk of being compared to a much superior model.

The Dreadclaw i do will actually be a pre-heresy, non-chaotic model, from the time before the loyalist legions ditched them because of their loony machine spirits.

Current progress doesn't look like much, but it took quite some time to do.

gallery_60903_6310_296259.jpg

Thanks. I think Sketchup really wasn't designed for this, my processor and RAM should be enough but it still takes Sketchup ages to make even the slightest changes. Have to hide most of the geometry while editing. Luckily my rendering program handles it quite fast.

I'm having a hard time deciding which things to change to make it less chaotic-looking. The whole design is spiky, can't just leave that out, and there's little room to add Aquilas or other "loyal" icons.

This is the last image, now i'll have to sleep a couple of hours and go to work.

gallery_60903_6310_438677.png

Small update. I was thinking about removing the secondary claws to make it less spiky and tone done the chaotic feel a bit, but according to Forgeworld they are all pretty much essential for the Dreadclaw's mode of operation.I guess it's ok since the design was considered to be tainted from the beginning, so i left them in (or put them in to begin with).

gallery_60903_6310_322886.png

Ultramarine colour test. Mostly finished now, only the top exhausts and some minor details at the bottom to do. I'll consider doing the interior as well, but i'll have to be creative with that.

Any particular Legion colour wishes?

gallery_60903_6310_370619.png

OK, modelling is finished. Now i want to map it so the big empty side panel is compatible with Dawn of War Badges, that way it'll be much easier to show it in all the different Legion colours.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/243932522/warhammer_dreadclaw_assaultpod_by_clairegrube-d418bje.png

Thanks, i still owe you this one i think.

The Salamanders Dreadclaw just landed, the one from the Nightlords has already raised and unleashed its cargo.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/251940583/warhammer_dreadclaw_2_by_clairegrube-d45zylj.png

Archived