[Artwork] 3D Model WIP

Close, the one thing our hobby is named after: a Warhammer!

This particular model is the one that comes with the Captain Korvydae model, which i personally think is the most beautiful. Its visually closer to an actual medieval warhammer, the Thunderhammers all look like scabbling picks.

I think nothing says "Angels of Death" like a Hammer/Jumppack combo, that's why i like the Korvydae miniature.

I'll consider moving the generator/activator part up to the top, i think they put it lower on the figure so the captain could actually grap it close to the hammer head. Or maybe i'll leave it there, haven't decided yet.

gallery_60903_6310_56429.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I think i'll try modelling a bad weather bird. It'll be a pain since i couldn't find proper side/top/front pictures as reference, not to mention that there's parts i have to simply guess. Hope i'll get farther than with the Contemptor.

VERY early WIP.

gallery_60903_6310_27820.png

Thanks. I didn't really have any game engine in mind actually, especially since i can't UV map and texture at all and have to model every detail i want.

Nothing substantially new, but i have the engines pretty much finished.

gallery_60903_6310_195944.png

Also, pictures of the Rhino doors i did. I'll post them here since probably noone's going to notice them when the model is finished. I don't really plan to do a Rhino (yet), but the Storm Eagle has the same doors and there are more reference pictures.

gallery_60903_6310_139580.png

On your Contemptor, the 'breast line' (for lack of a better designation) is actually a sharp line on the FW model. Basically if you were to take an actual pear, and cut out the widest section of the bottom, and then join the leftover top and bottom section, crating a sharp edge ...

Hope that makes sense. Otherwise it is looking great.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

Added a twin-linked heavy bolter and some details to the interior.

I don't know if i'll keep the inside bulkhead, it's on the resin model to give it more stability, but there's a hatch directly above it which is practically rendered inaccessible. The reason for the hatch is, of course, this part is from the GW Stormraven kit, which has the servitor controlled gunturret there. Maybe i'll just make the hatch a sensor device or something.

gallery_60903_6310_394891.png

Finished the inner door, here's an animation to show its operating principle. Seems to be the same hatch that's also used in the Rhino interior.

I think i'll christen it the "om-nom-door".

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/330/e/a/animated_storm_eagle_door_by_clairegrube-d5mapwq.gif

Thanks, the "animation" is really just 9 screenshots made into a .gif.

I've taken the liberty of putting some stairs under the door, the ledge is a little too high and steep, even for a Space Marine.

I have no idea why it's there in the first place, don't tell me it's because it makes that flying brick more aerodynamic.

gallery_60903_6310_110113.png

EDIT: The door's segments would barely show when rendered, so i gave them a little more profile.

gallery_60903_6310_317887.png

• 7 months later...

Hey 'Don The Oiler'

I really like the work you have done in maing a 3D Storm Eagle.  I see you are using google sketchup.  Would you be willing to upload the completed file to google models?

The reason i ask is that i recently bought a Storm Eagle from Forge World and it was terribly warped and shrunken.  I tried straightening them out as much as i could, but it didnt fix all the problems.  So i was seeking a 3d model so that i may print the parts at a local high def 3D printer.  I hope you considering shareing this model as it is very good.

Archived