Librarians in the house...

Greyall

It's hard to wrap your head around the story of DoW 2: Retribution. Not that it's overly complicated, but as with any occurrence of a punch to the gonads, it's hard to wrap your head around anything in the following hours. And Retribution delivers what is probably the Lightning-Fire-Volcano-Force version of a punch to the groin of the 40K lore. Really, it hits the primordial area: a Librarian joining Khorne.

And I like it. And I honestly don't see that much of a problem with it. It's already been shown in works such as FW's Siege of Vraks that Khorne commanders can't stick to frothing from the mouth and running in a straight line, they actually need to plot and have strategic, medium-to-long term goals. Anyway, this one's about that valiant, lore-punching Librarian, and two of his most trusted - yet anonymous - bodyguards.

Here's Azariah Kyras and a Possessed Retinue.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/199/c/b/does_not_compute_by_greyall-d3zsd7e.jpg

A librarian joining Khorne is heresy ! Hmmm I mean of course it is but this is an heresy within the heresy, something like an inner order of arch-heretics that do not even respect heresy... Ack... Frater Devastrius quotes the holy Realms of Chaos way better than me !

And renouncing his ability is a sublim act of faith for a librarian... That is what is expected indeed from this rather not-using-his-head-divinity (could be a BA !)...

I guess those librarians use their force weapons, nothing more... For as long as they don't wear a collar of Khorne 8).

Love your artwork once again... Just to know, how many time it took you to produce this artpiece ? And well... Do you take commissions ?

DS

One forgets all the randomness with today's force org charts. I also dig that a daemon weapon was a bargain at 900 points. I wonder what it did, did it shoot Vortex missiles, or let you cast temporal distort four times in a row taking away your opponents entire turn, or would three temporal distorts do that...

Librarians really rocked back in the Rogue Trader era. 2nd Edition had Inquisitor Lord and Assassin allies and of course Harlequin badasses, but the original 40K could be dominated by psychers especially when they were randomly armed with heavy weapons too.

Archived