DW vs Armour Company lists at 1500

pantsdown

Hello all...

Just wanted to ask for some advice for dealing with Armies that have Armour lines while using a DW list...

Things i see that may cause my DW list some issues...

- Lower Model Count... not really an excuse but facts are facts we take quality over quantity

- Foot'en it accross the field while looking down 8+ Autocannons/ hvy bolters and other munitions... (2+ is awesome but odds are odds)

- Speeder typhoons used to take out armour or transports get swatted by the amount of fire

- Standing firm at table edge trying to out shoot them

Sofar I have seen my Deathwing list smash some face even when a few brothers in the squad have fallen but lately people have been tailoring theirs list at our hobbie shop to deal out a static amount of firer power

I would consider blind DW assaulting behind the armour line... but i am a "Glass is half empty" type of guy and probably scatter onto some enemy troops.

Thanks to anyone lending some knowledge on the subject

You didn't exactly spell out your list but from the sounds of it your using foot DW supported by typhoon speeders. Assuming that your rocking CML's in every squad gun lines and AV12 just aren't an issue. Lots of AV14 can be though but even then we can generally handle it. The only thing we struggle with are torrents of fire and that comes mostly through massed infantry gunlines either from IG, orks, or other SM heavy on infantry none of which people use often.

As deathwing I don't fear anything in power armour including GK. Orks in battle wagons and a well played DE list are about all I fear in the current meta.

Currently yes 4 DW squads all with cml 3X landspeeder typhoons...

I Have been able to shock and awe a few players but others have been watching and i faced 2 listed almost the same from SM codex consisting of like 3 preds 2 rfilemen dreads and 3 speeders plus two muilti melta rhino bunkers...

Perhaps my rolls just weren't on cause my missiles just weren't taking the speeders and transports out...

oh well better luck next time eh... cheers

It happens, I was facing SW with 5 razorbacks and 2 rhinos and I had 3 cml's, 2 bike squads with meltas, and 2 mm attack bikes and only managed to destroy a rhino the entire game. Bad rolls just happen sometimes.

Only way against Armoured Company is to move up close and assault them.

The goal is to use the storm shield squads to block (or force) him to move every turn, while you use the remaining squads and the typhoons to attack his rear and exposed flanks.

Play aggressive.

It really depends on what codex the armor is from and what type of shooting they have. If it is mid range firepower, but lots of shots, you want to stay back and shoot at range. If it is Hig Quality but not as many shots, then I ususally woudl DWA 2 squads (I run 5 at 1500 points) at mid table or there abouts, then run into their lines and beat on tanks with your Hammers/Chainfists.

Archived