Starting my Black Legion Paint Scheme

I've started figuring out the paint scheme 'recipe' for my Black Legion members of my CSM warband. They're still a bit early work in progress, but I like them so far.

http://atomsmashing.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/chaos_threesome.jpg

I've got more slightly in-depth information about the process on my blog, Atom Smashing.

I would honestly base your models in a scorched brown or something similar and badab black wash it a couple times until almost black, grimey green/brown highlights always suit chaos better, and would add a little more to it than black, also, I would take and water down a snake bite leather and firey orange mix, so its a little rusty looking, water it down a lot, and run it around the rims between shoulder trim and shoulders, thigh and knee, foot layering, this will give you weathering effect, it will break up the huge expanses of black colour without detracting from representing the chapter/army you want and infact will add the the feeling of "oh **** these guys are really messed up.."

Khar

I am planning to do a bit of rust wash as a final step before clear coating. I'm also going to test a bit of rust-orange colored pencil rubbed along some strategic edges to make them look worn and rusted.

I kinda doubt I'll be able to get much more work done on them between now and GenCon due to work, but I really want to hunker down and finish them up right after the convention.

Archived