The White Dawn

Greyall

In the hear 284 of the 31st Millenium, White Scars Primarch Jaghatai Khan disappeared while pursuing the Dark Eldar. Of his fleet, a single ship arrived in the skies of Commorragh. Of that ship, a single Thunderhawk made it out before the bigger cruiser was vaporized.

The Bike squad survived whole for about 2 years. 10 years after they made their escape from the cruiser, a single marine remained. Serr'mot Khan, Captain of the 3rd Company before his disappearance. Now, 55 years after he arrived, he has become the hunter, an urban legend the Dark Eldar have named "The Dawn", a name with added value in a land in perpetual night.

He has mastered the building tops, he has learned to anticipate attacks from Mandrakes coming from every shadow. And, most of all, he has lost all hope of returning home, fully accepting his fate of becoming the bane of the Dark Eldar inside of their own city.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/203/3/8/one_of_these_days__eldar____by_greyall-d419uwr.jpg

Here he is, preparing to apply the "Wing Clipper" to a Hellion. A curious term, "Wing Clipper", for a move that not so much devoids wings of their usefulness as makes the Eldar's teeth come out through their butts.

This piece doesn't have so many details as usual, since my goal was to challenge myself by drawing a very dynamic scene and a vehicle - both things I usually don't get along with. It turned out good, I really like the motorcycle and Serr'mot's pose, I think it really conveys that "pre-descending punch" moment. I may come back to it to add some effects to the sky and some details to armour and the bike.

Ah, damn, and I was so careful with that detail, I made it fade "soon" to convey the idea that, after this precise moment, he'd start falling and hit the Hellion. My first sketch had the "tip" from where he was launching from, but it seemed like a short distance.

I see your point, and it's valid, but I honestly think I've nailed my goal to make him look like he'll be down in a moment.

Thanks once again, mate.

Love this guy. The pose is amazing, the expression on the Hellion's face is hilariously terrified and surprised, and the piece is just bursting with character. And the mandrake blades on the bike is a nice touch ;)

Oh man this pic is so fun I can't even speak. I'm typing this with my nose and forehead, due to awesomeness-induced apoplexy.

Captain: "Apothecary, what was the last thing to go through the Hellion's head?"

Apothecary: "Head? Captain I can't even tell where the head was, it's all charred red smear and flesh scraps. I think this bit was skyboard, hard to say...Oh wait I think this is the head, notice the teeth."

Captain: "That's the butt."

Archived