New player, what to get next?

Robbyjawz

I have just made off like a bandit due to one of my freinds selling me his collection of Space Marines to start his new Imp Guard army. I in return got the following marines for 60 bucks:

5 Terminators, one with Power sword, one w/Heavy flamer, and one with Assault Cannon (Terminators are likely to not be fielded often)

13 Bolter Marines.

1 Heavy Bolter Marine

1 Plasma Gun Marine

5 Assault Marines

1 Whirlwind

1 Twin Linked Lascannon Razorback

1 broken HB/Assault Cannon Land Speeder (base broke off, I am going to chop some stuff up in order to make it functional again)

1 Captain figure armed with a Thunder Hammer (On foot)

After I bought these guys, I proceeded to the LGS and bought a Librarian as well as a Death Company squad. I have toyed with the Death COmpany, and instead of going for the usual DC, I made them into Vanguard Veterans. I don't really plan on specifically running a DoA list or a Mechanized Assault list, but rather a list of models that I prefer to use on the field. I prefer the Blood Angels codex due to the faster tanks and Assault Marines as troops, I feel that they suit my gamestyle better (I used to run 1500 points of Dark Elves where I lived beforehand) with fast, devastating melee attacks, while still being capable of providing some shooty goodness.

What would you fellas suggest that I purchase next for my army?

5 Terminators, one with Power sword, one w/Heavy flamer, and one with Assault Cannon (Terminators are likely to not be fielded often)
If you want to field them at all, you need 5 more. The Terminators can only have a Flamer or an Assault cannon in a 5 man squad. Also the Tactical Termies are not a popular choice for BA.

Archived