Grey Knight Strike Squad

Fingolfin

Hi Gents,

Here is some images of my first GKSS for my second Grey Knight army (sold my first one a few years ago). With the new codex out, I thought it would be a great time for a nostalgia project.

You may notice I decided to shrink the Daemonhammer a little bit, the default weapon was ludicrously oversized in my opinion.

The bases are from Dragon Forge. If anyone is interested I put a brief pictorial guide to the force weapons on the link in my sig.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TK8wNpqwzV4/TiohLIyvKZI/AAAAAAAAAAw/y0EPxj81GPM/s1600/Greyknights1.jpg

Thirded ;) Best I've seen 'round here, you've managed to keep a measure of grimdark on GWs new 'ubershiny' tools. Well done!!!

Awesome, yet I think you could have painted the 'aiming' strip on the SBs metallic to break up the black. That area looks a tad flat.

Sorry, they are great I don't mean to nit pick ^_^ ,

s

Thanks guys,

Sorry, they are great I don't mean to nit pick

Not at all, I like the feedback.

Actually, seeing them in the photos I agree the bolters looks a bit bland. I have the next Strike Squad on my work-bench right now, so I think Ill try out a metal aiming strip. If it looks good I can update this squad too.

superb work! i love the metal's, may i ask how you did it please?

the hammer is a stroke of awesomesauce(consider that one :tu: )

i see from your blog you get "shinynewthingitus" it saddens me and also relieves me to see others of the same affliction ;)

look forwards to more eye candy from you!

cheers Mithril

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind comments.

@mithrilforge, the metallics were fairly straight forward, its the washes that make the difference.

-Black Prime

-Basecoat Boltgun

-Apply chainmail to all upper surfaces. If you are looking at a vertical armour-plate (ie. the legs), then generally I paint the top half of it chainmail.

-Use a thinned 50/50 mix of boltgun/chainmail to blend the transitions from the previous step.

-Apply thinned wash of asurman blue to lower surfaces, on vertical plates apply to approx the lower 1/3.

-Apply un-thinned wash of asurman blue to deeper recesses, and around the iconography and boltheads etc.

-Highlight edges with mithril silver.

@Plasman, thanks: those traitor guard were some of my favourite minis I did. Only problem was they were so time consuming per figure...and I always pictured the traitor guard as a kind of human tide (hence high model count).

Archived