Heresy Era Loyalist Iron Warrior

Hi Everyone,

just wanted to share this mini with you. I painted it after reading the Age of Darkness Anthology:

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/Heresy%20Era%20Stuff/IronWarrior1-1.jpghttp://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/Heresy%20Era%20Stuff/IronWarrior3-1.jpghttp://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/Heresy%20Era%20Stuff/IronWarrior2-1.jpg

apologies for the pictures quality as usual :)

thanks

James

Thanks guys:

@kapturowski: I loved the head as soon as I saw it and thought the hood really suited the style of crusade/heresy era astartes.

@ Olisredan: Soon as I re-read Iron within and work out a suitable marking for his shoulder I'll be doing just that :HQ:

cheers

James

PoS!!!!! Dude your still alive haha B) . Been a while since you graced the board with your skills mate. The Iron Warriors story was my fav of AoD! Your model certainly has done the Warsmith Dantioch proud!!!! Just how I imagined them in their Mk III plate from the story. Any chance you might try & re-create any other characters ? :lol:

Again, thankyou to everyone who commented :)

@ Blckbuster: what Olisredan said, it's the bare head from the Dread Knight kit if I remember rightly.

@ Quixus: there is a distinct possibility, maybe, possibly.... my attention span with stuff is famously short so don't hold your breath but I may surprise everyone. If you'd like to see some more Heresy Era Iron Warrior goodness you can check out my Land Raider Achillies thread in the WIP forum (shamelessly plugging my stuff now!)

@ dorns padawan: Yup, life keeps kicking but I'm kicking right back :D It feels good to be posting again though. I'll be around as much as I can, fingers crossed that nothing else happens to keep me from getting online. Back on topic, I would love to try and recreate some other characters, I'll give the story another read and see if I canpick any out. Dantioch is an obvious choice but I'll see if anyone else stands out.

@ Darth Potato: I'm glad you think so :D I think the mish-mash of armour and anguished, scarred face conveys the what this Astartes has endured since learning of the Great Betrayal. I like to think he might be rewarded for his loyalty to the throne though.

cheers

James

That's ironic as hell; I was just looking at that same noggin not even ten minutes ago, wondering if it would look ok on a non-GK marine. I guess so, lol. He looks great, awesome job! Any chance of a Dantioch conversion?

Archived