Sanguinary Guard Terminators

Mr Yellow

I don't normally post in the HOH but felt like it today.

These guys have taken a while due to very infrequent spates of effort. Despite the amount of time that went into them I am still not totally happy with the way they have turned out I just can't put my finger on it. Anyway, would like to see what you chaps think; just imagine I was doing five more from scratch.

gallery_60109_5815_696567.jpg

Photo's a bit dark, will try and get better ones done.

These are really cool, but I think I know what might be missing. One of the key looks for the Sanguinary Guard are the Death Masks and wings. What I have always invisioned for sanguinary guard terminators is that you'd convert the death masks in the same way world eater helmets are converted for their terminators. Have the face of the helmet in the proper place, but put the half disc crest on top of the terminator torso (or around the head alcove.) As for the wings, I wouldn't actually put the same sanguinary guard wings on the terminators as go on the jump troops. But you could put smaller wings on top of the torso, kind of chaos terminator trophy wrack style. Also, I'd probably go with Grey Knight stormbolter arms.

@ Drudge Dreadnought. I did consider the death mask approach but since it's an option on the regular guys I thought I'd skip it; mainly because they were a pain to fit. I will have a go at sticking the head thing on top alla world eater termies though. Know what you mean about wings, the large ones were a straight no, I just couldn't make smaller ones work at the time so gave up. For my sins I still haven't bought any GK termis, that and I had lots of angelus boltguns lying around.

@AlexCrute. Believe it or not there are three lamps pointing in them in that photo, it's just those crappy energy saving bulbs that are never as bright as they claim to be, one was an 80 watt equivalent. It's not even 40. Damn hippies. I will find more lamps and re-shoot, soon..ish.

Thanks for all the comments chaps, keep em coming.

New Photo posted at the top, hope it's brighter than the previous one.

@Xaos- They're pretty good actually. A few changes and they could look brilliant. I think the main one is thinner layers of paint on the yellow. The easiest thing to do which provides the best results. Do keep it up though.

Archived