Custom Mephiston help

Seva

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that would help me convert this guy into a really cool Mephiston. I am not afraid to greenstuff either so shoot away. I was thinking I would do something to the lower legs but I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas? Maybe he shouldn't be a Mephiston at all. I think he will look good as a special character I just have to make him more "space". Thanks in advance.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5038/dsc02983js.jpg

And last but not least I think I will be repainting these guys.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9697/dsc02982f.jpg

How big is that model compared to a normal marine? The mephiston option would be to GS long hair onto maybe the fanged berzerker head?

Alternatively, what about Seth? S8, Strikes at initiative could be represented by a huge dude.

Hey,

What I would do to start off is to add a backpack and some "tubing". This will bring the model into the 41st millenia straight away :).

The hand that's on the model looks perfect for the plasma-pistol that Mephiston has already. The other arm could be taken from a Sanguinary-Guard kit which would give the model a feeling of articulated armour AND a Blood Angel vibe.

As another character? I think it'd suit a Slaanesh Lord perfectly! (Heresy, I know). I know that isn't probably what you meant but it's one of the first things I thought when I saw this.

Also those models look awesome ALREADY :D. Are those helmets taken from

the Raptors kit? :)

Malatox

Hmmm, not sold on those boots. They don't look like normal marine boots. Round them off, maybe? Also, a different type of shoulder pads. Those ones are pretty cool, but kind of bulky. I'm not one with much imagination but hopefully someone can build off this.

I like the idea of putting your chapter symbol on his chest (over where that diamond is). Not sure this will help you accomplish the "space" look you are going for, but will definitely help him fit in :D

Pretty good looking model as is though. Great potential here.

Yes. They are chaos champion helmets with the horns filed off. I wanted the DC to look altogether different from the rest of the army.

I think I will have to round the boots offand do something to the feet and lower leg. I don't know about modding the shoulders, that seems like a ton of work to get going right. My mephiston will wear a helmet. It's actually pretty cool. Its all the bits and bobbins that I am having trouble with; do I put those needle things on this guy, where will I put the plasma pistol etc. I will also have to figure out the sword because the one this guy came with doesn't fit the piece. At least I still have those tacticals to finish before I get going on this in earnest. Thanks for all the advice.

I don't know how to change it either. It has so much potential though. It stands a little taller than regular marines and if I can pull it off it would make for a really good piece. It's the pulling it off part though...I know I will figure out something! Back to the drawing board!

As an emperor's children marine or a dark elf lord is what I would think looking at it.

You could marine it up but it would require a lot of work and if I were to do it I can imagine getting annoyed with the legs and cutting them off and sculpting over regular marine legs. If that happens and you are only using the top half I would suggest green stuff moulding the shoulders, sculpting a similar torso to your marine legs and save the model for a rainy day.

mmm, depends what way youd like to go with it and how your greenstuff abilitys go? legs wise ide either copy mepheson and have robs covering those, or go a dante/sanguinator/astrorath route and bulk to marine but not typical marine style...shoulderpads... look at preherasy termy ones. id do that and add the leather strappy things. weapons, stick a cleaned up bloodletter sword, add a pipe going from it to the armour. rightarm... plasma pistol arm... isnt there a fancy one in the commander box? failing that maby a chaos one. head... theres a nice on on the dreadknight kit if you can trade for it. if needs be pm me and i can direct you to somewhere you might be able to trade for one... backpack, simple death company box has good options. hood... ill leave that to you...

Archived