Where to find EC fiction?

DarkMark

Hi boys and gals,

After reading Fulgrim I'm wondering if there are any novels, or short stories from the Black Library that feature the EC. Any material that can help provide inspiration, and flesh out the legion, is most welcome.

With an alleged chaos codex in the pipe line I think it may be time to scratch that itch! With my rate of converting and painting I certainly need a big head start. ;)

Cheers for any help.

The Emperor's Children/Slaanesh

BACKGROUND ARTICLES:

Index Astartes I.

Liber Chaotica: Slaanesh.

UK White Dwarf: #200, Manflayer - Fabius Bile, by Andy Chambers.

UK White Dwarf: #206, Requiem Of Pain - Rules and background for Noise Marines in 40K.

UK White Dwarf: #235 Wheels of Fire - Doomrider.

UK White Dwarf: #255, Index Astartes First Founding - Children of the Emperor, the Emperor's Children Space Marines, by Chris Cook.

UK White Dwarf: #278 Heroes & Villains of the 41st Millennium - Fabius Bile.

NOVELS:

Novel: Horus Heresy: Galaxy in Flames, by Ben Counter. Galaxy in Flames details the virus-bombing of Istvaan III and Warmaster Horus' ultimate fall into madness.

Novel: Horus Heresy: Fulgrim, by Graham McNeill. Fulgrim centers around the Primarch of the Emperor's Children Legion, as he and his Legion became the Chosen of Slaanesh, the Dark Prince of Chaos. Ferrus Manus and his Iron Hands also play a prominent role in the novel, and the pivotal Battle of Istvaan V is described in detail.

Novel: Sons of Dorn, by Chris Roberson. Arch-Traitor Sybaris and his Emperor's Children warband go up against the Imperial Fists.

Short-story: The Dark King, by Graham McNeill.

It is incomplete mind you.

That was quick! I've got the Galaxy in flames book on my shelf, to be read asap, so good to know it'll be worthwhile. I'll keep an eye out for Sons of Dorn.

Can I access those WD articles through the GW site?

Edit: just found a copy of Sons of Dorn for 290€! Ouch ;)

Let me save you the agony of having to read Sons of Dorn,

The main focus of the book is on the loyalists, Sybaris and his renegades are only mentioned briefly in passing and you only get to 'see them' in a basic battle-scene involving noise marines. ;)

I quite enjoyed bits of Fulgrim though I came away not much caring for the primach. This was probably due to the writer's repetitive use of the same superlatives for him.

I just picked up the Nightlord books, are there any other good chaos POV ones to read?

Archived