Knights of Blood Contemptor Dreadnought.

DreadLift

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/joenortonjones/IMG_0006.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/joenortonjones/IMG_0004-3.jpg

Ok done (I think I am happy with it). Pictures aren't great because of the lighting but I think you get the general idea.

Half and half paint scheme to represent the dreadnoughts origins in the blood angels before it was given to the Knights of Blood during its founding. Some transfers and some hand painted icons. Not quite up to some of the amazing painting I see on these forums but for me I am slowly getting more confident with each model and new ideas.

One thing to note is that mine came with an aquila and purity seals on the chest not shown on the model used in the picture on the FW site.

C and C welcome.

Looks great! Great paint job. The pose seems a bit static but to me it looks as if it tries to identify it's next target after it has finished slaying the previous foe.

Just a question on paint the scheme: is that the blood knights? In the Codex they are shown in a different scheme. I know there is a depiction of them in the Chaos Codex but still I think (don't have it handy right now) it was not similar to yours. What am I missing?

I believe there was a song by The lonely island guys that quite aptly descibes my reaction to both the Comptemptor and your exceptional job on it sir. I belive it is called...'Something something... in my pants.'

Looks great! Great paint job. The pose seems a bit static but to me it looks as if it tries to identify it's next target after it has finished slaying the previous foe.

Just a question on paint the scheme: is that the blood knights? In the Codex they are shown in a different scheme. I know there is a depiction of them in the Chaos Codex but still I think (don't have it handy right now) it was not similar to yours. What am I missing?

On the bottom of page 80 codex blood angels is the model I base my KOB on. However the metallic is much much darker in the codex than I use. I prefer a lighter more steal look than the very dark gunmetal. Other than that I try to stick the red shoulder pads and crest etc on my models, however I do add my own touches here and there too. It's why I went KOB in the 1st place, for the extra creative license.

Thanks everyone for the comments. More to come B)

Archived