Iron Warrior Omnibus

Hyaenidae

Decent cover art, seems to be missing something though... I can't put my finger on it... :tu:

Also - this just in: Honsou looks different to what I expected. More news at ten. :huh:

Franlky I think the cover could use more dead bodies in the background. Also, I thought Honsou wore a helmet with horns like that guy behind him.

Psh. The only way to tell who's in charge in our game is to check and see who's not wearing a helmet.

In other news, I can't say as I like the artwork. I'll buy the book -- all I've read of Honsu so far is Storm of Iron -- but I think that particular piece leaves much to be desired.

He seems to be missing a whole armour piece for his left arm, unless thats the metal hand he stole from Pasanius (havent read any IW books, dno if its before or after this), and if it is then it looks too much like a real arm. He doesnt look sly enough.

He seems to be missing a whole armour piece for his left arm, unless thats the metal hand he stole from Pasanius (havent read any IW books, dno if its before or after this), and if it is then it looks too much like a real arm. He doesnt look sly enough.

You are right in your assumption. He looked like this in the Iron Warriors 'super novel' (the big IW book with a short story and a few pictures). I felt the same way when I first saw it too, it looks like he fist bumped the Silver Surfer and thats the result. Still, you can't pass on a better rascal than Honsou!

Also - this just in: Honsou looks different to what I expected

This is how he was show in the limited ed Iron Warrior novel a while back

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Exclusive-Prod...on-Warrior.html

You can see a preview page with him in it.

IP

Also - this just in: Honsou looks different to what I expected

This is how he was show in the limited ed Iron Warrior novel a while back

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Exclusive-Prod...on-Warrior.html

You can see a preview page with him in it.

IP

In my defence, I 've never seen an illustration of him before. ;)

If I remember correctly, Honsou's arm isn't encased in armor because he doesn't need that arm to be armored...

Yep, in the Ultramarines series he steals Pasanius's arm which has Necron repairing properties.

Have to agree with Olisredan on everything he has said so far.

I like the art... it is just kind of plain. Almost like we can't see the main picture, and we're looking at the edge of the cover art.

I think it's just too static. I do like the execution of the art, and the appearance of the armour and Honsou seems to be proper in that he's not mutated or a howling fanged beast or something. Just a touch too static.

I think he should still have the other shoulder guard on though, or at least have a bionic arm up to the elbow.

I never got the chance to buy Iron Warrior as when I first see the post here and thought awesome, it was already sold out :lol:

And here I am thinking eeewww I might be able to get it soon but.....March 2012 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

The only thing that got me with the arm is that in the books, Pasanius only lost the forearm, not the whole dang thing. Same with Honsou. I would have perfered if more of his arm was 'normal' too, but ah well. I still think he looks cool as hell. Also, Storm of Iron was my first BL book, so it's good to see my favorite Traitor get some love.

Archived