Couple Questions

Does the inclusion of a chaplain in DC still make them ignore the rage rule?

Does the BA scouts heavy bolter have hellfire rounds?

DC doesn't score, but does a DC dread?

Why are razorbacks with five RAS so good? Same points cost as 10 tacticals in a rhino almost.

Does the inclusion of a chaplain in DC still make them ignore the rage rule?

Does it say that anywhere in the codex?

I'll answer that: no, it doesn't. No matter who joins the squad, and now any IC can join a DC squad, they still have rage. That is something that did not make the transition from the old codices to the new one (in before someone says "makes no sense blah blah Mat Ward sucks")

DC doesn't score, but does a DC dread?

They have the Black Rage rule, which states that the unit does not score (and is subject to rage). Also, correct me if I am mistaken, but aren't scoring units non-vehicle troop choices? Even without Black Rage, they still wouldn't qualify, IIRC.

DC dreads do not have black rage, just rage. But that's still irrelevant as scoring models are non-vehicle troops. So DC dreads do not score.

10 Tacs in a rhino, no upgrades costs 220.

5 RAS with no upgrades in a razorback with twin-lascannons or twin assault cannons or las/plas cost 155.

1Does the inclusion of a chaplain in DC still make them ignore the rage rule?

2Does the BA scouts heavy bolter have hellfire rounds?

3DC doesn't score, but does a DC dread?

4Why are razorbacks with five RAS so good? Same points cost as 10 tacticals in a rhino almost.

1 nope sadly not.

2 nope

3 nope dc dread is a walker and therefore cant score...

4 35 point discount on transport if you remove jumppacks, plus you can still take a special weapon and everyone has 2ccws... for a taticalquad to do that you have to take the full 10 and combat squad. though i wouldnt bother upgrading the razorbacks weapons...

To further point 4:

10 tactical marines, lascannon, plasma gun, comes to 190pts.

5 assault marines, razor with TL plasma gun, lascannon, comes to 155.

One of the options can move 6"/turn and not lose any firepower, one will suffer virtually no casualties the first time a battlecannon hits the unit, one is immune to the weird stuff like fear of the darkness, Doom of malantai, Eldar Doom, etc.

Against hordes, the tacs win, though with sheer AP5 damage output.

Im not sure if this is relevant to this conversation but I thought I would chime in. The grey knight FAQ states that their dreadnoughts that are troops are scoring units. So even with the vehicles can not score rules from the rule book should ours not be scoring as well?

Im not sure if this is relevant to this conversation but I thought I would chime in. The grey knight FAQ states that their dreadnoughts that are troops are scoring units. So even with the vehicles can not score rules from the rule book should ours not be scoring as well?

Grey Knight vehicles do not score normally. But the Grand Master has an ability that states it can make units scoring, and it specifically is mentioned it can be used with walkers. So very different situations.

To chime in here.

In the Dark Angels codex. Ravenwing Attack Squadron(ie Fast Attack vehicles) are scoring unit per there codex. If a codex says something it trumps the main rulebook. Like when 6th ed comes out and Monstrous creatures lose move through cover. The Dark Eldar cronus engines have the ruled stated in the codex. So they still have move through cover. And all the tyranids lose it. It is the little things that you should try to notice that can tweak a game to your advantage.

9 squads of scoring units in the Dark Angels is pretty nasty.

To chime in here.

In the Dark Angels codex. Ravenwing Attack Squadron(ie Fast Attack vehicles) are scoring unit per there codex. If a codex says something it trumps the main rulebook. Like when 6th ed comes out and Monstrous creatures lose move through cover. The Dark Eldar cronus engines have the ruled stated in the codex. So they still have move through cover. And all the tyranids lose it. It is the little things that you should try to notice that can tweak a game to your advantage.

9 squads of scoring units in the Dark Angels is pretty nasty.

True. And if the BA codex had scoring listed for DC dreads, they would score. Ravenwing overrides the restriction on vehicles scoring, as can the GK grandmaster. But the DC dread being a Troops choice is not enough to override the restriction.

I just want to quickly chime in with a little incredulity, having read the other thread the OP started regarding non-scoring Dreadnoughts.

In total support of JamesI, to say that you will completely ignore your understanding of the rules simply because you don't like how they affect your army is absolutely absurd. I just want to stress this: you are actively and consciously going out to cheat in a social game. That is pretty extremely unacceptable and if you tried it on me, not only would I not play the game with you but I wouldn't play any other game with you, ever again. I would also tell the other members of my gaming group about it.

Just saying.

I just want to quickly chime in with a little incredulity, having read the other thread the OP started regarding non-scoring Dreadnoughts.

In total support of JamesI, to say that you will completely ignore your understanding of the rules simply because you don't like how they affect your army is absolutely absurd. I just want to stress this: you are actively and consciously going out to cheat in a social game. That is pretty extremely unacceptable and if you tried it on me, not only would I not play the game with you but I wouldn't play any other game with you, ever again. I would also tell the other members of my gaming group about it.

Just saying.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll293/awfulawful/like.jpg

Archived