Double transport?

moj0

Ok so I had a strange idea.

10 Assault marines. Am i able to buy TWO razorbacks for the one squad? Combar squad them into two 5 mans and run them with a sang priest in each one?

Don't have my codex on me

Thanks!

10 Assault marines. Am i able to buy TWO razorbacks for the one squad? Combar squad them into two 5 mans and run them with a sang priest in each one?

Thanks!

No. A squad may only have 1 dedicated transport.

You could buy another unit a razorback (such as a dev squad) and steal it though.

Thanks!

Why would you not just buy 2 seperate 5 man squads with Razorbacks? It's not only cheaper, but you also get a 2nd Sergeant

Partly reiterating what others have said with the BRB's authority and partly clarifying a couple of points I noticed:

1. The Big Rule Book says [italics mine]:
    Sometimes a unit entry in a Codex will include a transport option, allowing a vehicle to be selected together with the unit.
    The Codex says [italics mine]:
    Certain Space Marines units have the option of selecting a dedicated transport vehicle.

2. You can buy a Razorback for another unit such as a Devastator Squad. However, you can't "steal" the Razorback when it's deployed - you can only embark your Assault Squad into it after the game has started, as per the BRB:
    The only limitation of a dedicated transport is that when it is deployed it can only carry the unit it was selected with (plus any independent characters).

Although it's an interesting idea, you have to consider where the line would be drawn if you could take multiple dedicated transports for any given squad: a 1,750-point list might consist of the required Librarian and two five-man Assault Squads each with a meltagun plus 26 lascannon/twin-linked plasma gun Razorbacks... tasty!!

:lol:

Archived