My Contemptor

Hi all,

Yesterday my order from Forgeworld came through and I found myself with a brand new Contemptor pattern dreadnought.

I have only managed to get it assembled for the moment, however I plan on attacking it with green stuff.

I have to say this is by far the best casting I've had from forgeworld, with little to no flash or air bubbles. Has anyone else noticed how much better the quality of forgeworld models are getting lately?

Anyways, on to the pictures:

gallery_289_5047_47757.jpg

gallery_289_5047_37362.jpg

gallery_289_5047_37008.jpg

gallery_289_5047_41965.jpg

gallery_289_5047_51698.jpg

Brother Dakath - he's reaching down to crush something as he charges toward the enemy.

daismith906 - no pinning required, the only thing I could think that might need it is the foot to the base, as the bottom of the feet have a tread so aren't completely suitable for gluing to a base. Easily fixed by shaving the tread patter from the part of the foot that would touch the base.

The arms would take magnets nicely at the bicep joint with very little work required.

Brother Dakath - he's reaching down to crush something as he charges toward the enemy.

Or picking up flowers or mushrooms (Ork spores ? :) ) maybe ? Just kidding ;) , great dynamic pose as usual. Congrats :D

Or picking up flowers or mushrooms (Ork spores ? ;) ) maybe ? Just kidding ;) , great dynamic pose as usual. Congrats :)

If by flowers you mean the skulls of his enemies then yes! :D

Then I hope he's not picking my flower!

Lame puns aside, it's a great model, a very likeable pose, and I'm waiting to see your GS-work, sir ;).

Or picking up flowers or mushrooms (Ork spores ? :D ) maybe ? Just kidding ;) , great dynamic pose as usual. Congrats :tu:

If by flowers you mean the skulls of his enemies then yes! :lol:

I was meaning daisies, as a gift to Mrs contemptrix. Wouldn't it be cute ? :lol:

More seriously I fully agree with you on the fact that the Contemptor is too plain, as a matter of fact it looks a bit like some kind of japanese anime robot. it definitely needs some more details to make it "W40K-esque".

Man, that is sweet :)

Think perhaps of adding flames, or braiser like exhaust tips and pieces of scaly skin hanging from the armor (best options - loincloth or purity seal like) something like on the FW salamanders termie shoulderpads.

Archived