Consecrators' robes: what color?

Captain Semper

Well I am now in the process to create a Consecrators force to "ally" with my Disciples. I'm actually thinking of making them a project of their own i.e. a pre- Heresy force that has a place in the 40k Universe. To that end I'll be using FW miniatures and vehicles but I also intend to use some robed figures to underline their DA allegiance.

So the question is: what color should the robes be? If I go for white(ish) then I'm afraid the contrast would be too much. Black of course is out of the question, so what else? I thought green but again it is a bit meh...

Any ideas? Oh and while we are at that, any ideas on the bolter casings? Not a fun of black for them either. As a side note I'll be doing the eye lenses yellow as they are depicted in the codex so to 1) fight my fear of working with yellow and 2) to avoid the obvious red or green that I intend to use for my Disciples RW (they'll have black helmets as a nod to the Parent Chapter's RW).

Any help is welcome!

Well, the Consecrators Company Master shown in the codex appears to just have an all metal boltgun, no specific color on the casing, and is using a red cape. Personally, I think red robes would probably be fitting and the black armor with red helmet stripe will keep them from looking too much like the Guardians of the Covenant.

Sounds like you have a very cool project on your hands, look forward to seeing them!

@ Brian Blair: thx for the input!

Red is probably the way to go. However it still Guardians territory. Not convinced yet... Maybe I will try a test model on that. Truth being said a master plan of adding squads of all Unforgiven is creeping up my mind. So maybe I'll reserve the red robes for them... On the bolters I think I might go for your suggestion. Easy, contrasting and neutral. And I haven't done it before!

@ brother varen:

Green and black with some red work well - but it is effectively the same pallette I'm using for my Disciples (you can see some of them if you scroll down or probably in p.2 by now). That is not a bad thing necessarily. As they will be sharing the tabletop it's good to have a visual connection. Now the stiching is beyond my painting skills I'm afraid...

Well I am now in the process to create a Consecrators force to "ally" with my Disciples. I'm actually thinking of making them a project of their own i.e. a pre- Heresy force that has a place in the 40k Universe. To that end I'll be using FW miniatures and vehicles but I also intend to use some robed figures to underline their DA allegiance.

So the question is: what color should the robes be? If I go for white(ish) then I'm afraid the contrast would be too much. Black of course is out of the question, so what else? I thought green but again it is a bit meh...

Any ideas? Oh and while we are at that, any ideas on the bolter casings? Not a fun of black for them either. As a side note I'll be doing the eye lenses yellow as they are depicted in the codex so to 1) fight my fear of working with yellow and 2) to avoid the obvious red or green that I intend to use for my Disciples RW (they'll have black helmets as a nod to the Parent Chapter's RW).

Any help is welcome!

In my signature is a link to My Miniatures. I have a Templar force and have used DA bits with them on the last page. The photos are not red-hot, but will give you some idea of how the Black armour with Bone robes looks. I used the recipe that is on the GW website for painting DA.

I hope that helps one way or another :)

My consecrators have a black robe with a red inner lining.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/GMBelial/Unforgiven/DSC00842.jpghttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/GMBelial/Unforgiven/DSC00848.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/GMBelial/Unforgiven/DSC00845.jpghttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/GMBelial/Unforgiven/DSC00846.jpg

Guys thanks a lot for your ideas!

@: Marshal Wilhelm: Excellent stuff! Some conversions in there are amazing! A sprinting Dread??!!?! Wow! I can see what you're saying with white robes on black. They work well. Of course Templars are all about the white/black contrast. Which is why I'm not so inclined on using it as the visual reference to BTs will be too strong.

@: Grand Master Belial:I like your work. In fact I've done the exact same thing with my Desciples! Black with red lining works very well (you can currently find them in the 2nd page of this forum). So I need some change...

I guess I could try the green version... But I have another idea (I'm typing it as it comes in my head, not much thought into it): what about brown/yellowish? Like mustard? Or even the more straight forward brown? Although the mustard will be more original. In any case it will be 5 such models in my Consecrators max.

Thoughts?

Archived