WYSIWYG Powerfists

calgaryBA

I'm going back to some of my older assault squad sergeants and picking them apart and updating them with new flashy bits from the DC/SG/other kits so they fit in with the rest of my army and newer assault squads (I finally have 6 full 10 man squads, and painted!).

While messing around with poses and bits, I found 2 PF's for both arms that would work together in a nice pose. Is there anything against a sergeant with 2 fists modeled on him with a pistol on his hip, to simply count as a regular fist/pistol sergeant?

Is there anything against a sergeant with 2 fists modeled on him with a pistol on his hip, to simply count as a regular fist/pistol sergeant?
This is most certainly not WYSIWYG and also against the rules. A single Power Fist can be combined with a pistol, but the model would not get an extra attack, with two Power Fists the model would get another PF attack in CC but would not have a pistol to shoot.

Unless this is the only model with any number of Power Fists and you told the opponent beforehand, I would find it pretty misleading. I'm pretty sure no tournament organizer would allow it.

It's fine. Because you would not be taking an extra attack. So that isn't modelling to your advantage, nor is it springing a nasty surprise on your opponent with equipment they didnt know was there.

Personally, I wouldn't do it just because I think it looks daft.

Personally, I wouldn't do it just because I think it looks daft.

Normally I'd completely agree with you, and I only tried it out to have a little chuckle at how ridiculous it'd look...but the 2 fist arms i used, combined with his pose actually looks really good IMO.

Hell, I might even pay the points in friendly games for the extra PF attack, and hope that he gets the Sanguinor's blessing. 4 PF attacks base at WS5 +aura + charge = entertainment.

Archived