Stormraven Cargo

Brother_Byhlli

moved 24" turn one

meaning you used the fast vehicle rule on your flying skimmer... meaning when it was destroyed all its contents died and shouldnt have done anything turn two :blink:

This is not true at all. The everything inside is killed only happens if the vehicle is destroyed the same turn that it moves flat out. Since turn always means player turn (unless specifically stated otherwise) a vehicle can flat out, get killed and everyone pours out as normal. Pretty much the only way a vehicle can flat out and be killed in the same turn is bad scatter from stuff like Vindicator shells or a fast skimmer entering terrain and immobilizing itself.

I am confused, I can't find a rule that says everyone dies if your Stormraven gets destroyed after moving flat out.

I know that this is not related to the topic, sorry in advance.

-Brother Ben

I am confused, I can't find a rule that says everyone dies if your Stormraven gets destroyed after moving flat out.

I know that this is not related to the topic, sorry in advance.

-Brother Ben

Interesting. I was aware of the rule but I'd never actually read it.

I searched for it just now and the only thing I can think is that because units cannot disembark from a fast vehicle that has moved flat out (BRB p. 70, "Fast Transport Vehicles"), any unit which is embarked on a fast vehicle which has moved flat out and been destroyed, not being able to disembark, are destroyed along with the vehicle.

Edit: yup, that's the one. Check out the Games Workshop FAQ for the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook: fifth question on the left-hand side of page six clarifies that "if a transport vehicle is destroyed in the same turn as it moved flat out ... any embarked models ... are removed as casualties."

Wow, I was unaware of that rule. Just to clarify, when the FAQ says "same turn" that means Player Turn, like JamesI pointed out?

-Brother Ben

So I understand. Otherwise fast transport = unusable.

The BRB says "... one game turn will comprise two player turns. Whenever a rule uses the word 'turn', both in this rule book and in the Codexes, it means 'player turn', otherwise it will clearly state 'game turn'." (BRB p.9)

This rule could have been a big deal, but has been toned down heavily by the finding of the player turn ruling. Ork players had a similar near heart attack with respect to fast trukks, but have come to the same conclusion now. It appears that unless you manage to destroy your own transport in your turn via dangerous terrain or own goal shooting, the cargo will survive.

Archived