Battle Company of the Unknown Chapter Name

Andreus

Thanks for taking the time for reading my blog and topic, it means a lot to me.

I've always been a huge fan of the Space Marine lists and I thought what better way than to show my loyalty to the hammer of the Emperor, than do an entire Company of Space Marines?

I've finally undertaken that challenge. But with a fun twist.

I've purchased boxes and traded off so many bitz, I decided that I will use every bit I possibly can for my army.

That means one thing, an Optimum Space Marine Company.

Following the Codex, I need a total of 100 Space Marines, not counting Command Squads, Librarians, Chaplains, and Captains.

Vehicles are on loan from the Armory, along with Scouts from 10th Company.

So doing the math:

Each Tactical Squad, minus the Sergaent, has 7 standard Bolter Marines, 3 different Special Weapon Marines, and 5 Heavy Weapon Marines.

Each Tactical Squad needs a Tactical Squad, Combat Squad, and Devastor Squad to be considered Optimum.

So, I need 90 Space Marines just to flesh out my Tactical Squads.

So without further rants and raves, here is my Concept Color Scheme

spacemarine.jpg

I will be doing the weapon housing in Red for when I started this hobby back in Early 3rd Edition.

Here is an example of what I am talking about with a hidden surprise in the background if anyone can figure it out.

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab39/AndyIsPolaroid/2011-08-02_00-49-38_994.jpg

After thinking about it, I can get double duty out of the Heavy Weapon Marines. I'm not always going to have Lascannons in my Tactical Squad, so here's to brainstorming at 1AM and finding out I can save time. I'm a happy camper.

So doing the math:

Each Tactical Squad, minus the Sergaent, has 7 standard Bolter Marines, 3 different Special Weapon Marines, and 5 Heavy Weapon Marines.

Each Tactical Squad needs a Tactical Squad, Combat Squad, and Devastor Squad to be considered Optimum.

So, I need 90 Space Marines just to flesh out my Tactical Squads.

Oh my, may I suggest in having one special weapon marine, and pinning/magnetising the weapons? It works a treat. Also, why 5 heavy weapon marines?

If you want a company, just have 6 tactical squads with different loadouts, or switch in devastator marines as needed.

The paint scheme is ballsy - single-color Marines can look really ugly without the right contrasting details - but this looks like it'll come out very well. Eager to see it take shape.

Archived