Cosmic has gone yellow...

Well I haven't posted in quite a while, don't even remember what my last topic was!

But lately I've been getting frustrated with the lack of proper Job and my life overall, so I needed a distraction. Armed with a shiny new paintbrush, a cheap old Airbrush and some revitalised painting....kung fu :blink: , I decided to see to what sort of standard I could paint at if I really tried. So anyway here's the Imperial Fist Terminator...

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/SAM_1804.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/SAM_1810.jpg

As you can see at the moment I've only done the leg, but just imagine the whole Marine painted like it :)

C&C appreciated,

Cosmic

hurry the hell up and paint the rest so I can mop up my drool.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait a while Khargan, I've got 6 of them to do! ;)

alejandrinus Posted Today, 06:40 PM

good chipping effect here and really like that polished gold on the crux, keep on and good standard painting btw.

Thanks Alejandrinus ;)

Doghouse Posted Today, 06:41 PM

Really nice work! The whole miniature is going to look great if painted to that standard. thumbsup.gif

Cheers Doghouse, I hope he does. We'll have to wait and see!

Dorns_fist Posted Today, 07:50 PM

WOW...

Recipe?

Ask and you shall recieve...

1) White spray undercoat

2) Golden Yellow sprayed on with a cheap old crappy Airbrush.

3) Golden Yellow + Bleached Bone highlight on the top edges of the Armour

4) Gryphonne Sepia wash in just the grooves and joints (as well as on the bottom edges of the Armour)

5) Skull White highlight on the top edges.

The Battle-damage was just small dots and scrapes of Bestial Brown, highlighted with Skull white. I then got some Oil Pastels I had lying around (various shades of brown), scraped them with a kinfe to get some dust, then brushes the dust on the feet for a weathered look.

Hope that helps :yes:

zxyogi Posted Today, 08:02 PM

yes.gif Agree with everyone else!! yes.gif

Thank you very much :)

Double post sorry, but I've gotten a bit further than yesterday.

Crap photo but hey ho, better ones soon hopefully..

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/SAM_1822.jpg

I missed a mould lin on the TH so I need to go back over that and finish a few things off, but hopefully he'll be complete by tonight.

Cosmic

Cosmic, absolutely amazing! And you base coated him with GY? Did you give a couple of coats? That is a very nice yellow my friend & as everyone else said, fantastic weathering! I like the face, really meneacing like!!!! Well done so far -_-

Cosmic, absolutely amazing! And you base coated him with GY? Did you give a couple of coats? That is a very nice yellow my friend & as everyone else said, fantastic weathering! I like the face, really meneacing like!!!! Well done so far :P

Thank you very much :)

Well it was just White Spray undercoat, then one layer of Golden Yellow with a very cheap basic Airbrush :)

Glad you approve,

Cosmic

Wow. Wish I could paint like that, on your recipe you say you do a Golden Yellow and Bleached bone highlight is this a mix of the two or separate highlights? I'm going to have to try this one day...

Superb! That chipping effect is very nice mate.

How did you paint that thunder hammer, it looks brilliant

More please!

Cheers :), the TH was done after watching a tutorial on youtube,

Not quite as good as that, but I'm happy with it.

alejandrinus Posted Today, 10:50 AM

Awesome painting Cosmic! and in very short time. Is that NMM darkmetal in the shield? And again fantastic chipping very subtle but nice. Can you share the recipe for your gold?

It's more just shading on the top edge to create a directional lighting effect.

The Gold is Bestial Brown, then a mix of Bestial Brown and Shining Gold, followed by a Gryphonne Sepia wash, the a Chainmail Silver highlight :P

LamenterMarine Posted Today, 10:54 AM

I am jealous of your painting ability and therefore refuse to comment!

Ohhh :(, what would you say if you did comment? :P

Reyner Posted Today, 12:25 PM

Wow. Wish I could paint like that, on your recipe you say you do a Golden Yellow and Bleached bone highlight is this a mix of the two or separate highlights? I'm going to have to try this one day...

Yeah it's a mix of the two :) followed by just a skull white highlight.

Lord_Azoth Posted Today, 01:26 PM

really awesome comeback!!! looking forwad to see more!

Thank you :), and you didn't have to wait too long...

Doghouse Posted Today, 01:51 PM

Very nice stuff!

Any chance of a close up on the thunder hammer?

Unfortunately my photgraphy skills are crap at the moment, so no close up. But when I find a way of taking a good photo then you can have one, until then here's the finished Termie....

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/SAM_1871.jpg

I always find that the photos of my models show up loads of flaws that I can't see with my own eyes, but oh well, I'm happy with him :)

C&C greatly appreciated,

Cosmic

Nice to see the whole product, Dorn could be proud. BTW how are you planning to paint the base? dark brown seem to me like a good contrast color.

Good job, now for the rest of the squad ;) ahh and thanx for the gold recipe

Wow, what a wonderfull yellow you've done there (and I know how annoying it could be).

The weathering is really top notch.

Now paint more of them !! :)

One-eye, jealous

I hate u....

In a good way, when I hopefully get the air brush I'm lpoking at in eBay I mY have to hit up the cosmic yellow for the rest of my IF's.

Fantastic stuff fella...truely fantastic.

Archived