Cosmic has gone yellow...

Love it!! delicious damage and weathering without being OTT, However the jewel on the veteran symbol isn't painted :P

Thanks Khargan :), haha bugger! Well it's painted now :)

alejandrinus Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Nice to see the whole product, Dorn could be proud. BTW how are you planning to paint the base? dark brown seem to me like a good contrast color.

Good job, now for the rest of the squad tongue.gif ahh and thanx for the gold recipe

No problem :)

Well I was going to leave it black to make the Termie stand out a bit, but Dark Brown may be good too, I'll give it a try :)

One-eye Posted Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Wow, what a wonderfull yellow you've done there (and I know how annoying it could be).

The weathering is really top notch.

Now paint more of them !! smile.gif

One-eye, jealous

I'll try master! Really I will! :eek

I've undercoated the other 5 so keep an eye out for more!

Thanks for all the great comments :)

Cosmic

Sorry for the double post, but I've been busy painting today!

The weather here has been pants so I didn't get a chance to basecoat any more Termies until about 2pm, since then I've been working on this one....

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/271280_2206767936149_1455936120_2476947_1068040_o.jpg

Just a quick photo on my phone so it's not giving too much away, keep you lot on your toes see? :)

Since the photo pretty much everything you can see in the picture has been finished or almost finished.

Cosmic

Very, very, very nice! I'm loving the slightly darker, more muted yellow you've gone with, and the weathering and battle damage are dead sexy. I've never been a huge fan of super-clean marines; let's face it, best warriors of humanity or no, they aren't dirt proof!

Very, very, very nice! I'm loving the slightly darker, more muted yellow you've gone with, and the weathering and battle damage are dead sexy. I've never been a huge fan of super-clean marines; let's face it, best warriors of humanity or no, they aren't dirt proof!

Haha indeed they are not! I don't mind clean minis, but some scratches here and there can't hurt.

alejandrinus Posted Yesterday, 09:45 PM

Nice mini. The skintone is awesome, can you put a close-up? Good work Cosmic

Some better photos are now below :lol:

He's been finished this morning, and I've started on the third, but until then here's some final shots...

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/Photo3571.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/Photo35721.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/Photo3572.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Space%20Marines/Photo3574.jpg

I've worked on the TH a bit more on this one, and I'm much more happier with it.

Still some little tidy-ups to do, but they can wait a little while..

C&C appreciated as always,

Cosmic

Those Thunder Hammers are to die for, literally.

Ludovic

Cheers Ludovic, they're really quite easy to do actually, give it a try :P

Khargan Posted Today, 10:08 AM

really do love these, nothing I could say to improve aside from paint more..

Thank very much :), haha I am I am!

I can only echo everyone else's comments Cosmic, don't even have any contructive crits to offer! Both your models are of the same high standard & the TH clours are very very well done. I patricularly like therie faces, I always find them the hardest to paint so kudos to you mate!!!!! The free hand insignia is excellent, & as always, the battle damage is well done & not OTT. :lol:

I can only echo everyone else's comments Cosmic, don't even have any contructive crits to offer! Both your models are of the same high standard & the TH clours are very very well done. I patricularly like therie faces, I always find them the hardest to paint so kudos to you mate!!!!! The free hand insignia is excellent, & as always, the battle damage is well done & not OTT. :(

Thans Dorn :)

I've always struggled with faces, they seem to be hit and miss with me. Best thing is just practice and a thin brush ;)

there is actually one thing I would like to see, and that is some pigment powders used on the legs and base scenery to tie them together! (although this is hard to do on rocks)

(PS I find kitchen cork tiling works better than actual rocks to get a much more effective scale rock face/ground look)

Archived