Defiler or Vindicators?

Plaguecaster

Hey everyone me again currently trying to make a CSM army dedicated to nurgle but am a bit stuck on what to have for my heavy support choices so far I have a Land raider and 3 Obliterators but cannot decide if to take a Defiler or Vindicator, what do you reckon is the better one to take as I am really stuck trying to decide

cheers

Considering the heavies you already have, I would go with the Vindicator.

Now I am normally a big fan of the Defiler, its all I run, but it seems that you'll need the Land Raider and Vindicator combo to keep the pressure off of each other and the triple Oblits.

Ditch the blits all together and run 2 vindis with DP and the LR.

I've never had blits earn their points back in a game and 2 Vindis will make your opponent flinch and pucker more then a defiler and a blitsquad.

From my experience anyways

Oblits are nice, vindis are nice and defilers are nice. Not very helpful I know....however.

I would personally pick one of the three and spam them a bit. 9 Oblits are better than 3. 3 vindis are better than one. Same with defilers. You can focus a role this way and scare the bejesus out of your opponent into burning a lot more targets whilst still statistically leaving you with some of the tools to do the job you had planned for them.

My 2 cents

Slightly off topic. Has anyone ever run Soulgrinders in place of Full CC Defilers, and if so did you catch any flake for not using the true Defiler model

Oof I think my opponents would be pisstherepants happy if I did. Defiler size is one of their issues as is without making them bigger :S

Edit: stupid iPhone can't spell defiled.....Grrrr see? Defiler!!!!!

It sucks that you can't take land raiders as dedicated transports for plague marine squads then would solve a lot of problems

You can buy a Landraider as a dedicated transport for a termicide unit, then have the termies Deepstrike and deploy the Landraider so that the Plague Marines embark on turn one. That way, the Landraider doesn't take up a Heavy Support slot.

I would personally pick one of the three and spam them a bit. 9 Oblits are better than 3. 3 vindis are better than one. Same with defilers.

That is the safest option and the reason that most Chaos armies are based on either 6 or 9 oblits.

However I'll be the first to admit that its kinda boring, both to paint as well as play.

Both are mediocre. The Defiler is too large and too thinly armored and the Vindicator suffers from having a single, shortranged canon on a vehicle with weak sidearmour which is easily neutralized. Daemonic posession helps against stunned/shaken results but increases the Vindicator's price even further.

• 2 months later...
Yeah it boggles me thant scumbag Soulgridner gets better armor than our beloved Defilers. For a mere five more you can add a havoc launcher to your possessed vindi so it's not a bunker after you lose the demolisher. Still not great, but better than sitting there after a razorback horde immobilizes/weapon destroys your vindi. Still, at least the defiler is fleet...

Archived