Who's going to Ard Boyz?

Droma

So who else of my DA brothers is going to be playing in Ard Boyz this year? If you are going what are you bringing and what do you expect to be facing? For those of you haven't decided you've still got time to sign up for the prelims as they are August 13th, the tourney is free and you don't have to worry about painting. You just need your stuff assembled and WYSIWYG.

As for me I haven't nailed the list down quite yet but I know I'll be bringing mostly deathwing with some ravenwing support and possibly 2 raiders to fill out the list. I'll update this when I've got my list fully ironed out.

As to what I'm expecting to see I can't really say in the prelims as it could be a big tossup but I remember a lot of tyranid and ork players go to the LFGS that I'll be playing at and I think some chaos too. It's been a while though so I'm just going to take the most competitive all comers list I can and hope for the best. If I make it semi's I think I'll have a better idea about what will be there because the top armies in the meta will most likely have steamrolled their way to the top of the prelims.

So lets hear from any other tourney goers in the crowd. I'm hoping to use this thread for batreps as well from anyone that decides to attend.

I have never done the Ard Boyz before, and this year I am with this list.

Belial/LC's

Comd Sqd: 3x TH/SS, 2x LC's, CML, Apoth, Standard

Troops x4: 2x TH/SS, CML, 2x SB, 1x PF, 1xCF, 1xTLC

Troops x1: 1x TH/SS, 3x LC's, HF, SB, PF

1x Ven AssCanon Dread/HF, 1x DP

1x Dread w/ML/TLLC

1x Godhammer w/HKM, PMSB

1x LRC w/HKM, PMSB

2490 Points

Debating a MM or PC for the Ven Dread w/DP

I am anticipating heavy Red, Blue & Grey SM's with an occasional DE/Ork player.

Edit 15 Aug 2011

I had to leave town this weekend on business, so I missed out on the local Ard Boy tourney. Maybe next time.

I decided on my list last night.

Belial th/sh

DW: 1x pw/sb 4x th/sh cml banner apoth

DW: 5x th/sh cml

DW: 5x th/sh cml

DW: 1x pw/sb 4x tllc cml

DW: 1x pw/sb 4xshooty cml

DW: 1x pw/sb 4xshooty cml

3x bike pf 2x melta

3x bike pf 2x melta

typhoon speeder

LR

LRC

I would have preferred going with two LRC's but I only own one of each and I don't really want to go and spend around 60$ for a prelim match. With the way the current missions are for ard boyz I think anyone bringing a well made deathwing list has a solid chance of moving on to the semi's. I honestly don't expect a lot of well designed tournament lists where I'll be playing as I think that crowd is generally not full of competitive gamers.

I'm undecided on going, but I think I'd go with a mechanized double-wing list if I do. There's a lot going on this month, so we'll see if I can manage the time.

I can't play simply because of work getting in the way. I'm looking forward to plenty of pictures and batreps.

Droma you'll have to do what I keep forgetting to do: place your camera inside your army bag BEFORE you leave for the event.

Brother-Captain Sharp I'll be very interested to know how you get on. Post your list (if you've got one up together) in the DA Army List section.

I'll be atending, my list looks like this

Belial TH + SH

Deathwing squad

CML + TH/SH

x4 TH/SH

Banner

Apoth

Deathwing squad

CML + TH/SH

x3 TH/SH

X1 LC

Deathwing squad

CML + TH/SH

x3 TH/SH

X1 LC

Deathwing squad

CML + TH/SH

x3 TH/SH

X1 LC

Deathwing squad

CML + TH/SH

x3 TH/SH

X1 LC

Deathwing squad

CML + TH/SH

x3 TH/SH

X1 LC

Dread

Las Cannons

Missle

Dread

Las Cannons

Missle

Dread

Las Cannons

Missle

Pred

Auto Cannon

Las Cannons

Hunter Killer

Pred

Auto Cannon

Las Cannons

Hunter Killer

Pred

Auto Cannon

Las Cannons

Hunter Killer

I'm new to my area, so my only brush with the local tourney metagame is...rather thin/uninformative...consequently, my list has to be truly "all comers." I gather that mine is the only leafblower in town, so that's one sigh of relief, as is the apparent absence of a nidzilla list. I do expect to face BA, GK, and possibly, but not certainly, SW, along with chaos warriors (flavor escapes me, but I remember multiple defilers). Not sure about anything else, but in the absence of a leafblower, and knowing that my only likely ork opponent is NOT on bikes, I can tailor just slightly. So I'm going with mostly DW, one maxed out IC-led ravenwing squadron (believe it or not, adding an IC actually makes them melee monsters against anything that isn't itself melee-monstrous, so they have a real purpose after DWA guidance), one tac squad in one of my two crusaders, and a TLAC/HF vennie. The last time (2-3 years ago) I did ard boyz, I finished fourth instead of second out of 24 in the first round with a similar list because I wasn't extroverted enough to call my last opponent (space elves) on fudging distances....now, with the new FAQ and with my list biased a little more towards facing MEQs (since BA and GK are the flavor du jour), I expect to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, blah blah blah. I will probably have to buy and assemble more TH/SS termies for regionals if I make it that far, though. Right now, one squad is optimized (TH/SS/CML/APO), one is complex, and the other two are a mess. One box of melee termies would fix that, though, so that I get one CF/heavy weapon, and then 2-3 TH/SS and 1-2 TLCs in each squad.

/edit/

Darkest, that's a nasty list...I would ditch the HKs, though...30 points would be better spent elsewhere...like combining it with some other points (drop the banner, for one) to get a speeder...leave it in reserve, and use it for a turn five objective crasher...could very likely make the difference between two categories of victory, and if that only happens once, it could very be the difference that puts you through to regionals.

Brother-Captain Sharp I'll be very interested to know how you get on. Post your list (if you've got one up together) in the DA Army List section.

Hey, Isiah. The list is posted in the Army List section. I get two tries at qualifying for Semis, so I'll make sure to post the results.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=235935

I'm planning on attending and taking a different approach this time.

Belial TH/SS

DW Terminators 3X TH/SS, TH/SS+Cyclone, TH/SS+Apo

2X Terminators 3X TH/SS, TH/SS+Cyclone, SB/CF

3X termniatos 3X TH/SS, TH/SS+Cyclone, TLC

3X Land Speeders MM/Cyclone

Dreadnought TLLC/SB

Devastators

2X (5 man) Sgt., LC,3XML

(5 man) Sgt., 2X PC, 2XML

That should be a solid list SeattleDV8.

With how the objective mission transport doesn't seem to be such a major issue. Although I'm sticking with my dual LRC list as its a little late now for me to change things up.

I'm heading out to 'ard boyz too but my local game store just decided to host the event this past weekend so no time at all to prep for it. On top of that this will be the first time playing any 40k in about a year so I'm incredibly out of it as far as experience goes.

My list for reference is

Belial - Claws

Deathwing Squad 1 - Apothecary, HF/PF, TH&SS, LCs, SB/PF

Deathwing Squad 2 - Cyclone, Chainfist, TH & SS

Deathwing Squad 3 - Cyclone, Chainfist, TH & SS

Deathwing Squad 4 - Cyclone, Chainfist

Ravenwing Typhoon - MM

Ravenwing Typhoon - MM

Ravenwing Squadron - 2x MG, AB w/MM

Land Raider

Land Raider

Land Raider Crusader

Venerable Dreadnought - Assault cannon, Missile Launcher

Venerable Dreadnought - Assault cannon, Missile Launcher

Good luck to all the Dark Angels out there!

Archived