Who's going to Ard Boyz?

Droma

'Grats Darkest!

The only DA at my FLGS (out of only 8 total) was Belial (LC), 3xDW (CML, 2THSS, CF, LC), Int-Chap in TDA, Ven Dread (CCW/Assault Cannon), Dread (ML/TLAC), 2 speeders (HB+?? on both), 3x tac in rhinos and a LRC.

I only caught his 3rd round game, as I saw an old friend playing first (playing SW). They ended up facing each other that round.

The DA relative lack of anti-tank wasn't really needed except for 2 armies, but then, that was also 25% of everyone.

Orcs took first, didn't pay attention to who took second, but it was either one of the 2 tyranids, or the 2 BA armies (1 Death Company, other mech)

With such a low turnout, I really wish I'd finished getting my army together. Ah well, there's always next year.

Took first at my 'Ard Boyz too.

Game 1 Massacre against Blood Angels

Game 2 Major Victory against Dark Eldar raiders (so many AV10 or 11 vehicles, thankfully double shot cyclones and typhoons are around)

Game 3 Massacre against Imperial Guard.

Brief summary can be found here

More detailed reports to follow.

Time for some battle reports. I had two very hard fought games against two very meched up Imperial Guard lists. This was my first real time playing against Imperial guard the only other time I've faced an IG list was in a 700 point vs a 12 year old just starting the hobby, so needless to say my experience against IG was non existent. Unfortunetly while I did bring my camera I did not end up taking any pictures as the entire tournament was very rushed for time. 2 1/2 hours is not enough for 2500 point games.

This is the list I brought to the tournament.

Belial TH/SH

DW- pw/sb, 4x th/sh, apoth, banner, cml

DW- 5x th/sh, cml

DW- 5x th/sh, cml

DW- pw/sb, 4x tlc, cml

DW- pw/sb, 4x pf/sb, cml

DW- pw/sb, 4x pf/sb, cml

typhoon speeder

RAS- powerfist, 2x melta

RAS- powerfist, 2x melta

2x LRC

Game one was pitched battle, night fight on turn one, kill points, and you had to give your opponent a troop model as a traitor that counted as an IC worth 5 kill points. The board we played on had plenty of area terrain but very little actual LOS blocking terrain outside of a single bastion in the direct center of the table.

My opponents list.

command squad- straken, medipack, 3 melta, 1 astropath

chimera- heavy flamer

vets- 3x melta, autocannon

chimera- heavy flamer

chimera- heavy flamer

chimera

vets- 3x plasma, autocannon

chimera- heavy flamer

platoon command squad- 4 flamers

infantry squad- las cannon, melta gun

chimera

infantry squad- las cannon, melta gun

chimera

vendetta- heavy bolters

vendetta- heavy bolters

vendetta- heavy bolters

psb- +4 psykers

chimera

psb- +4 psykers

chimera

russ executionar- plasma cannon sponsons

russ exterminator- heavy bolter sponsons

russ demonlisher- heavy bolter sponsons

Once again IG got first turn. His army was spread across the entire side of this board with this tanks clustered together upfront and center and the vendettas spread out evenly. I made my first mistake deploying everything on the board first turn except a single th/sh squad thinking that I'd be ok first turn because of night fighting. I deployed entirely on my left flank to try and keep half his list from shooting me for as long as possible. My LRC's were deployed on either side of a ruin with belial+command squad in one and my other th/sh squad+traitor in the other. In the ruin was one shooty squad and my claw squad and other shooty squad were placed on a hill. My speeder was parked behind the LRC out of los of almost all his army and my bikes were behind the second LRC and the hill out of los.

My plan was to weather that first turn of shooting and then speed my LRC's, speeder, and bikes at his front line to start bringing his line into proper range with my th/sh squads. The other squads were going to stay back in cover and pop vehicles with missiles and the th/sh squad in reserve was going to come down where i thought best depending now how my opponents first turn went. Well as that old saying goes plans seldom last once you meet the foe.

1st turn top- He turbo boost scouts his vendettas up towards my line with his melta vets in each one. I stay put during scout moves. I fail to seize the initiative. He moves one of his vendettas 12 inches up and drops his vets in melta range of my LRC containing the th/sh and the traitor. His other vendettas can't get in melta range so he pulls them back. The rest of his army rolls forwards. Onto shooting. His melta's proceed to hit my LRC but fail to pen. His vendetta succeeds however in popping my speeder with a lascanon. His other vandettas make their spot checks and proceed to stun my LRC containing Belial & Co. Now is when things really start to go bad for me. Between good rolls for spotting and his search light his leman russ executionar manages to spot my lightning claw squad on the hill. He hits twice on the squad and a lucky scatter lands on all the bikes hiding behind the hill out of los, I lose both squads from some very poor rolling on my part.

So he's up 3 kill points and taken out some of my best anti-tank in the form of the bikes and speeder, and belials LRC isn't going anywhere.

1st turn bottom- Now I'm in a fix but I try and make the best of it. I deepstrike my TH/SH squad down behind his lines and fire off krak missiles at one of the vedettas he pulled back but fail to do anything to it. I then disembark my th/sh squad from their LRC and get ready to charge his vet squad. The now empty LRC shoots down the vendetta that dropped off the vets. My other LRC can't move or shoot but I power of the machine spirit the multi-melta at his plasma tank but fail to hit. I keep belial inside planning on moving the tank forward turn 2. My remain bike squad has no way of getting through because of the stuck LRC so they turboboost down the table towards his oncoming chimeras and hoping to wait out the shooting with 3+ cover saves. My two storm bolter terminator squads take shots at the 3rd vendetta but don't do anything to it. My th/sh squad then runs the melta vets down in combat.

2 kill points me. Maybe I can turn this around?

2nd turn top- Las cannons promptly proceed to explode my LRC containing belial. Plasma cannons and demonlisher cannon proceed to then wipe belial and his squad off the board. Chimera with plasma vets rolls up and they hop out and shoot at my turbo boosted bikes. They kill the 2 melta bikers and the sergeant is left. The rest of his army splits fire at my remaining 4 squads of terminators.

My most dangerous squad is gone now I'm down an LRC and all my melta. Uh oh.

2nd turn bottom- My th/sh squad move forward towards his now very close parking lot and my LRC tries to roll forward over the wreck of the vendetta, and is of course immobilized from a failed dangerous terrain. My deepstriking th/sh squad move foward and close with his assault cannon leman russ. My bike sergeant gets ready to shoot and charge the plasma vets. My other squads stay in cover. Everything shoots, I wreck two chimeras from multi-assaulting with th/sh and take out the main turret on the plasma russ. Th/sh squad in the back of his army assaults and kills the assault cannon russ and my bike sergeant kills and rides down the plasma vet squad.

Kill points are about even at this point but with how much more expensive my stuff is than his that doesn't look good for me. He's still got a lot of guns.

3rd turn top- He moves a vendetta full of melta vets towards my th/sh squad that just took out his russ and the other vendetta after my remaining biker. The plasma sponsons and demolisher cannon proceed to wipe out my th/sh squad that got to his parking lot. The melta vets don't do anything to my th/sh squad in the back but he takes out my bike with the others. Shots continue to very slowly wear down my two remaining shooting squads.

I've got the immobilized LRC+traitor, one full strength th/sh squad and two weakened shooty squads remaining.

3rd turn bottom- I take out the demolisher cannon but the tank is still there. My th/sh squad kills the melta vets and a chimera in assault. Frag missiles make the other melta vets break.

Well one of my squads is making up their points at least.

4th turn The th/sh squad in back take fire from the vendetta, the psb squads and their chimeras and are sitting pretty. Then a chimera without its turrent blown off rolls up and its heavy flamers kills 3 termies. The other two are finished off with multi-lasers. My remaining two squads of terminators take fire from nearly 3/4 of his remaining army and go down. I've now got the immobilized LRC with the traitor in it as my only vehicle.

I shoot with the LRC and fail to kill anything and now I start praying.

5th turn He dumps all his remaining shots in my LRC and manages to blow it up from one of the infantry squads sporting a las-canon. The traitor is now in the crater and takes about 20 more shots and goes down. I've now been tabled.

Just to see I rolled to see if the game would have continued after that and it would have ended. So if my traitor would have survived I would have lost by I believe around 3-4 kill points. Making me behind but still very much in the tournament with only a minor loss.

My conclusion after playing that game was that if I'm playing against imperial guard I need to go full reserves if I don't get first turn. Vendetta melta vets are probably too good a first strike unit against tanks. 3 man bike squads while very useful at tank hunting can't do it when they get shot to pieces so easily, they really should be deployed using outflank. One thing I regret is not being able to get any games in at 2500 points because the list plays very different when you've got those LRC's in than at 2k where they are absent. Maybe with more experience I'd use them a little bit better but overall I think they just cost too much and you don't get the return on investment due to the extremely low cost of melta in most tournament level armies, it really doesn't help against guard when they have such a good way of delivering the melta on target. I haven't written up the game two battle report yet but I found that in general I ended up playing basically a 2k list vs a 2500 point list because those LRC's just died too easily. AV14 simply isn't enough protection.

How did he have 4 Vet squads (I'm assuming those are Elites) with only 2 or 3 troops (figured the platoon command squad is a Troop) if you were playing with either 1 FOC or 2 FOCs? Also, why didn't he have an actual infantry platoon on the table if he had a platoon command? LOL

Vet squads are troop choices, and also look at his list again he had two infantry squads each with a melta gun and las canon in chimeras along with the command squad. That qualifies as an infantry platoon, I also mention them specifically downing my last LRC during turn 5.

But I appreciate your insightful comment.

How did he have 4 Vet squads (I'm assuming those are Elites) with only 2 or 3 troops (figured the platoon command squad is a Troop) if you were playing with either 1 FOC or 2 FOCs? Also, why didn't he have an actual infantry platoon on the table if he had a platoon command? LOL

LOL...No, vets are troops...they're more expensive per model, have better BS, and can take more than one special weapon...and they come as an individual squad (like the rest of 40k!) per slot...for the infantry platoons, it's one HQ squad and a variable (2-5 infantry squads, 0+other squads, etc, the cap is pretty high) number of other squads per FOC slot...That actually lets IG scale up to a hideous points level with just one FO Chart.

Anyway...I took 6th at my shop...to advance...2,3, and 5th place declined, woohoo! Interestingly, everyone in the building was amazingly equally matched...the lowest final score was 23, and the highest was 40... Lotsa tiebreakers to determine rankings!

I eked out a minor loss to BA (mephiston, several other characters, death company with nothing but power weapons-throwing off over 30 S5/I5/WS5 PW attacks on the charge, stormraven, etc) designed to murder...TH/SS termies...ugh...he didn't do well against the rest of the field since he was set up to do one thing and one thing only. Did I mention that he successfully stole the initiative? Made all the difference. I had scouted my ravenwing in preparation for dropping eleven terminators around him, double-melta-ing, and then charging him with the six bikes...the bikes were going to die anyway, but if I'd charged him, 1-2 of them would have lived, pinning him on his turn, which is when he'd finish off the bikes, only to be charged on my turn by a raftload of thunderhammers...Killing him by turn two would have made the rest of the game easy for me...since he got to charge and munch my bikes on the top of turn one, that one model dictated the entire game, killing six bikes, five termies, and a land raider, and surviving the game on his last wound. Blech! I'd faced him before and knew I had to take him out in the first two turns...if he hadn't stolen...oh, well.

Then I drew against jetbike eldar (OMG, those jetbike seer councils are hard!) throwing off five spells per turn, but only because I made a mistake on turn five to allow him into charge range (and only by 1/2") to contest the central OBJ that I was holding...else that'd've been a solid win (7-4 is a major, IIRC?). The most fun was when I blasted a jetbike squad with a crusader at point-blank range, then followed up with five boltgun shots from my scouts, then a charge from the scouts to finish them off...5 shots AND 16 swings on the charge for 80 points, and they get to outflank with krak grenades? Scouts are AWESOME.

Finally, drew against dual lash chaos...Ugh...dice gods had it in for me. His ML/DCCW dreddy killed threeTH/SS termies in a single round of melee, (rolled 2-2-2 for saves!) dooming my squad and saving the dreddy, a 400 point swing in points, else I'd've won by 700+VP instead of 34 points short of ekeing out a minor victory. On top of that, I messed up and psychic-saved a power weapon attack with Zeke, only to have him eat a single fist wound not thirty seconds later...I knew the moment I threw the psychic test dice that I'd just screwed up....that's another 170 points. In spite of the bad luck versus the dreddy, I had that game (well, a minor, at least) and threw it away with one bad psychcic test. Funniest part of that match was that he mis-deployed his defiler (on a heavy city ruins board) to the point where it got off two shots all game long...one of which scattered, and the other of which hit two ravenwing (who made their saves).

Anyway, as I mentioned in another thread, Zeke was a bust, blocking barely 10% of the psychic powers he tried to hood (the problem is real, all three of my opponents, not to mention the flavor of the month, GK, are heavilly reliant on psychic powers...but even a table-wide LD10 PH is going to work less than half of the time, and for me, 3/30!!!, so a PH isn't the answer...maybe a OH Inquisitrix would work better...), and the bikes underperformed, as well...so for the next round, I'm dropping down from seven bikes to four (and changing the role of the regular bikes from combatant to DWA support+suicide melta, just like the attack bike), and dropping Zeke and the tactical squad he had led. Instead, I'm picking up a TDAIC, two typhoons and a second dreddy. My termie weapons loadout was a bit messy, being based on models on hand (little did I know that my shop considers the WYSIWYG requirement a "suggestion" in the first round of ard boyz), so I'm investing in a box of assault termies to clean things up a bit...going forward, it's two squads of TH/SS/CML, command squad of HF/TLC/CF (W/APO), and one complex shooty squad.

Congrats on making it to semi's march. The ard boyz I was at only had 6 total players. Four of the players were very experienced ard boyz and adepticon players who brought 2 IG mech SW and GK, then me with a lot of game experience but lacking the tournament experience, and a guy who just brought a totally uncompetitive foot SW list that got tabled both games he played. I have plenty of experience against both SW and GK and I think I would have done much better in the tournament if matched with any of them, but oh well live in learn it was a good experience to see IG in action.

If this tournament taught me anything it reminded me of something I've known for a while, DW is almost entirely down to how well you deploy, the rest of the tactics once they are on the table are pretty straight forward.

Battle Report #2 from my Ard Boyz experience.

My list

Belial TH/SH

DW- pw/sb, 4x th/sh, apoth, banner, cml

DW- 5x th/sh, cml

DW- 5x th/sh, cml

DW- pw/sb, 4x tlc, cml

DW- pw/sb, 4x pf/sb, cml

DW- pw/sb, 4x pf/sb, cml

typhoon speeder

RAS- powerfist, 2x melta

RAS- powerfist, 2x melta

2x LRC

My opponents list

company command squad- 2x melta, flamer, astropath, officer of the fleet

chimera- heavy flamer

stormtroopers- 2x melta

chimera- heavy flamer

stormtroopers- 2x melta

chimera- heavy flamer

Veterans- 3x melta

chimera- heavy flamer

Veterans- 3x melta

chimera- heavy flamer

Veterans- 3x melta, demolitions

chimera- heavy flamer

Veterans- 3x melta, demolitions

chimera- heavy flamer

platoon command squad- 4x flamer

chimera- heavy flamer

infantry squad- autocannon

chimera- heavy bolter

infantry squad- autocannon

chimera- heavy bolter

special weapon squad- 3x flamer

special weapon squad- 3x flamer

3x vendetta

leman russ- hull heavy bolter

manticore- hull heavy flamer

manticore- hull heavy flamer

Well at least he doesn't have AP 2 pie plates lol.

Game two is spearhead, 5 objectives worth varying points, deployment zones 1 point, neutral table quarters 2 points, middle 4 points. I've got 0 battle points for the tournament so far so I've got to go big or go home. My strategy was to camp one squad on my home objective. Control the middle and one neutral objective, and contest the other neutral objective. That would have given me a massacre and left me still with a shot in the tournament. We roll for first turn and once again IG is going first.

He deploys the 2 manitcores, a troop chimera, and his leman russ on a hill in the back of his zone. He has the rest as far forward as possible. I deploy with belial+apoth/banner squad in one LRC and claw squad in the other LRC, bikes are deployed behind the raiders for cover. One shooty squad is in area terrain holding my objective. My speeder, both 2 th/sh squads and one shooty squad are in reserve. He scouts his vendettas as far forward as possible, my bikes stay in cover. I fail to seize.

Turn 1

He moves his vendettas up and drops melta vets in front of my raiders and moves one vendetta towards a nuetral objective, his chimeras move toward the middle. Melta explodes one raider. Vendettas shoot up my bikes and all but one melta biker dies(my saves were terrible). He charges the remaining raider with melta vets and using demolitions on it. Turns out that's illegal but I didn't catch it, I guess lunch and running in from the rain was effecting the both of us.

My now exposed termie squads wipe out his vets in cc, missiles from the shooty squad fail against the vendetta, I turbo boost my bike towards some out of the los blocking terrain. My th/sh squads each land on the neutral objectives from deepstriking, one is out of los of his army the other isn't. I immobilize the vendetta on the neutral objective.

Turn 2

He concentrates most of his fire on my now exposed claw squad taking out all but 1. My remaining bike makes a ridiculous number of saves. Manticore fire manages to kill 1 termie on my home objective.

I get my bike behind the los terrain and down a vendetta with it. My th/sh termies on the neutral objective assualt and kill the squad that bailed out of the immobile vendetta. My shooty squad lands to join them. Belial and the remains of the claw squad move toward the center objective nicely out of los thanks to the big impassible terrain in the middle of the board. More shooting at vehicles some get damaged/destroyed but he's got plenty more.

Turn 3 Storm troopers and vets in chimera move toward my th/sh squad and shooting squad on the neutral objective. The rest of his mobile parking lot move towards the center and my other th/sh squad on the neutral objective. Shooting sees some of termies go down, over all not too bad a turn.

My speeder comes in near the th/sh+shooty squad on the neutral objective. I take out one of the chimeras and finish off the immobilized vendetta in the neutral objective. I charge and kill the squad that was in the downed chimera. On the other side of the board my th/sh squad pops a chimera, my bike takes the turret off another. Belials squad moves towards the parking lot with the 1 remaining claw termy marching behind them for a cover save as I plan to use him to hold the middle objective.

Turn 4

More shooting at my termies, I lose the th/sh squad that was going to contest the neutral objective. My bike continues making saves and I'm hoping he'll last the game and contest that objective for me.

My bike kills a squad in combat. My termies on the neutral objective I control as well as the speeder fire at his manticores and leman russ. I pop the turrets on one manticore and the russ.

Turn 5

He finally kills my bike and the remaining claw guy. He tries to ram my speeder and this lets his chimera with troops be on my neutral objective. The speeder dodges. I've now got nothing that can contest the 2nd neutral objective. It's solidly his. If I hold the middle though I can still pull out a major victory. However I've just now got belial and the apoth left to hold it with.

I split off belial and move him towards his disembarked command squad and the apoth goes back to stay out of LoS of his big guns hold that center objective. Belial has to charge threw the crater a chimera left to reach the command squad though and fails, he's now sitting in the open. On my nuetral objective I blow up the chimera that tried to ram me and munch the squad inside.

Turn 6 (I realize now we forgot there was supposed to be a turn 6 night fight but I don't think it would've made a difference)

Belial goes down to fire from his command squad. Some vets move to get in los of my apoth and he dies to melta fire. If he would've lived I'm pretty sure the game would be mine as I'd wipe them in combat even with only 1 apoth, but it wasn't to be. He now had a squad barely within 3" of the center objective.

Now to even pull out a tie I've got to break that vet squad in shooting. However they're behind the big los blocking terrain so my speeder and the 2 termie squads camping my neutral objective can't fire at them. This leaves me with the dudes on my home objective to fire 2 storm bolters and a cyclone missile launcher at them. My shooting sucks and I don't kill enough to force a save.

IG manages to barely turn a major win in my favor into a major win in his favor on the last turn of the game and my hopes of making top 3 are dashed. Even with max battle points in the final mission I don't have enough to catch anyone in the top 4's current point total. The opponent I would've played was also out of the running and so left the store, my tournament was now over.

Conclusion

It was a very close fought game and some of the things I learned in the first game really helped out in the second. Having actual LOS blocking terrain helped immensely in keeping my termies in the fight. Area terrain is nice but I still have to roll saves in it. I'd rather just not be shot at. I really think now transport is pretty useless in a deathwing list. Bring more bodies and have them with stormshields.

If this tournament taught me anything it reminded me of something I've known for a while, DW is almost entirely down to how well you deploy, the rest of the tactics once they are on the table are pretty straight forward.

That is pretty much true...if you're designed for DWA...that doesn't mean it's always wise to execute that way. That's why my list is hybridized...2-3 deepstriking squads and 1-2 mounted squads, depending on the situation. I'll even decline to DWA any deepstrikers if the situation isn't right on turn one. But, once on the ground, it's like anything else: Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things...deployment is everything!

From My experience...

If you bring Transports, you need three...

You also need something else for them to shoot at:

Like 3 Venerable Dreads...

Add maybe 3 RW LS with MM-TML...

If they only have 2 targets, they will likely get cracked turn 1.

Meh...I brought two crusaders and one vennie...one crusader survived each fight, and the vennie survived one of three matches, too, and that against melta lovin, eldar, and more melta madness...that said, I'm taking more vehicles next round...an additional dreddy and two typhoons...Thing is, even at 2k, dropping 750 points on three tanks is AYEIOB...I'm more in favor of maxing out on vennies than I am maxing out on raiders...after all, vennies are MUCH harder to one-shot than LRs...sure, over time, they die easier because of their AV12 vs. 14...but all it takes is one lucky lascannon shot to pot a raider...that same lascannon shot will be rerolling on the damage table against a vennie...so he has a 1/9 chance, not a 1/3 chance, once he gets a pen.

I've also had more success with ven dreads than raiders in most of my test games. Thinking about dropping the armor entirely though and running even more squads or buying a lot more armor.

What do you guys think of this at 2500

Belial -130

5x th/sh, cml, apoth, banner -290

5x th/sh, cml -235

5x th/sh, cml -235

5x th/sh, cml -235

5x th/sh, cml -235

5x th/sh, cml -235

3x ven dread, twin-linked autocannon, missile launcher -465

3x typhoon speeder -225

2x predator, tllc, 1x sb -215

That's 2500 right on.

31 bodies all with 2+/3++

21 missiles per turn

8 vehicles

The question is why didn't I think of this list sooner : \

I could probably try the list out soon at 2k points. Just drop 1 termie squad, 1 dread, and the pred with the pintle sb. Anyone know roughly how many razorbacks are in a SW mech list at 2k?

The question is why didn't I think of this list sooner : \

I could probably try the list out soon at 2k points. Just drop 1 termie squad, 1 dread, and the pred with the pintle sb. Anyone know roughly how many razorbacks are in a SW mech list at 2k?

At 2500 points, My SW Mech List had 11 Razorbacks.

At 2000 Points, Probably 8 Razorbacks.

Meh...I brought two crusaders and one vennie...one crusader survived each fight, and the vennie survived one of three matches, too, and that against melta lovin, eldar, and more melta madness...that said, I'm taking more vehicles next round...an additional dreddy and two typhoons...

two questions...

I thought all rounds are 2500 points?

You can change your army between rounds?

He's going to the semi's Landrain. He can switch his list between qualifiers and semi's. He could even go with a whole different army. He could not change his list mid tournament however.

And thanks for the rough numbers on the razorbacks. I'll have to try it out but I do think that new list could punch a nice big hole into a SW/BA razor spam army. Guard may be more difficult still, just the ridiculous numbers of tanks they bring is daunting.

I also qualified for the Semi's but I do not see where it says they are 2000 pts...

What am I missing?

OH, and I defected for Hard Boyz' :(

I just could not see a good competetive list with our current codex, even with the FAQ.

Green Wing is just awful currently , Ravenwing is overpriced, and Deathwing I dont like limited to 5 man squads...

I ran Space Puppies. 11 RB's 3 LS's 2 RP's

I played this list, ended up in third out of 14

We had a good mix 2 IG, 2 'Nid, 3 SW,CSM, Ork, GK, BA, Eldar, Tau and my DA.

Belial TH/SS

DW Terminators 3X TH/SS, TH/SS+Cyclone, TH/SS+Apo

2X Terminators 3X TH/SS, TH/SS+Cyclone, SB/CF

3X termniatos 3X TH/SS, TH/SS+Cyclone, TLC

3X Land Speeders MM/Cyclone

Dreadnought Venerable PC/SB

Devastators

2X (5 man) Sgt., LC,3XML

(5 man) Sgt., 2X PC, 2XML

First game was against a new nid player, the list was weak.

14 genestealers+brood lord

15 genestealers +brood lord

6 Warriors

15 hormagaunts

18 termagaunds

10 termagaunds

Hive tyrant

3 raveners

3 zoanthrope

3 hive guard

tyrgon

Very nice guy but he was in deep trouble early,He gave me first turn

He infiltrated both squads of genestealers 18" away and mostly in the open. the warriors were in the middle and had the traitor.

I had grouped my forces in the center and had 2 squads deep strike. droped the first squad safely in the center.

My dreadnough passed the night fight test and lit the large squad of genestealers, I fired most of my squads and knocked the down to the wounded broodlord and 3 stealers, fired 3 squads successfully at the other squad of stealer (in cover) and killed 3.

He took the DCCW from my dread with the zoantropes and chraged it with the broodlord and three genestealers, he also assaulted a termie squad.

The dread killed one stealer but was shaken twice.

The other squad did 4 rends and 7 wounds. I saved them all, My termies then killed all but the brood lord and and 3 stealers.

They failed morale and fell back.

Turn 2 no reserves, I focused most of my fire into the Warriors killing 4, killed a few gaunts and 2 of the falling back stealers.

Moved termies up help the dreadnought, killing the stealers

The stealers rallied and the tygon deep stuck with in 12" of one of my termie squads (he thought he could assault after deep strike...sigh)

He detached the traitor and hid him behind terrain (but not in it) and moved everything esle forward.Good shooting and assault from the raveners, the gene stealers and the hive tyrant killed the squad of termies.

Turn 3 Belial and his Squad arrived I dropped them in his deployment zone with a clear shot on the traitor killing him, one of the zoanatropes and wounding the Hive tyrant twice and the trygon 3 times.

I assaulted the trygon and the hive tyrant. Killed the tyrand losing 2 termies and took the trygon to one wound, losing three termies.

He continued to push forward, more shooting that was mostly ineffective and assaulted a dev squad with gaunts wiping them out.

His trygon died and his raveners finished off the remains of a termie squad.

Turn 4 I killed his warriors, raveners and a 2 of the Zoantropes, assaulted the gaunts killing them.

Basically the rest of the game was clean up, He had 4 KP to my 15 KP for 23 battle points to 0.

Second game was against a strong player, Aidan Young, and a very scary IG list.

As he said as we were setting up, "One of us is going to get conpletely destroyed"

Company command squad +Autocannon+Chimera and Master of the fleet.

3 Psker battle squads in chimeras

Platoon command squad + autocannon +chimera

2X infantry squad + autucannon +chimera

Platoon command (embarked on vendetta)

2X infantry squads (embarked on vendettas)

2X vendetta squadrons + Hvy Bolters ( one with embarked squad , one empty)

vendetta + Hvy Bolters (command squad embarked)

Manitcore

2X medusa squadrons (2@)

I won first turn.

Even though my first turn shooting was lack luster, deep striking terminators (3 squads) close to his lines allowed me to get into assault by turn 2

He started strong, knocking 2 of my speeders out first turn, but the termies were making their saves and the issue was clear from turn 3.

I held all but one objective (2pt) At the end of turn six. I scored another massacre 22pts to 1pt.

Archived