marines errant for noob

gallery_59713_6367_2263365.jpg

gallery_59713_6367_17510.jpg

just learning 40k and love the FW stuff so starting on my own variant of the marines errant from the Badab war book. I realise its supposed to be white and blue and not silver and blue but its particularly hard to decipher exact coulours from the FW book. I will pop up the axtra pics as i slowly work my way through the 2 tactical squads of Mk3 armoured troops I have.

pictures are off my Iphone so will update quality when i get the right setting with a white background. awaiting plasma cannon for the dreadnought and power packs are still to be attached to the marines but its a WIP as they say.

I agree. A very good start. And good to see a Badab War chapter, as they're the best fluff currently out there (well, except Ultramarines because you can't swing a dead cat without hitting some of their fluff).

Are you set on the snow bases? I might suggest a more varied base, even if just sand plus static grass. Snow works well for super-complex schemes I think--the bland white makes the model much more focused and dynamic. But for a duller/darker/grittier scheme (as you seem to be working on), I think a more varied and colorful base is a better match.

Anyhow, them's my two cents.

Archived