Company Master options

Vexicus

Hail Brothers,

I am toying with building my own company master but I'm not too sure what weapons to give him. I was thinking of using a Combi plasma and a lightning claw but then i thought if i fire the combi I wont be able to move into close combat. To counter this I thought a Storm bolter would be a better shooty option.

What do you, my fellow unforgiven brothers think? What are your masters equiped with?

Preferably, I would go with:

Terminator Armor

Thunder Hammer

Storm Bolter

Iron Halo

DA Co Masters come with an Iron Halo built in ;)

Also - we don't get the option to kit them in termy armour – we have Belial for that.

Cheers

I

If you're looking for an effective cheep HQ choice just go with Belial.

If you want a company commander for fluff reasons then either match your fluff or go the cheep rout and just do PW/SB or PW/combi-melta/plasma. If you want to charge he does still have a bolt pistol you can fire with. Interrogator Chaplains are also good cheap HQ's.

Storm bolter and power wep. Cheap and cheerful :)

10pts more for a suit of TDA and scoring terminators - makes Belial the cheapest upgrade ever!

That aside, i agree with Isiah. This is how i run my Company Master and it works well in most situations.

Al

My vote is with Belial

termi armour, your choice of TH/SS 2LC or SB/MC PW, rights of battle(L10 board wide) fearless

O did I mention he brings to the table upgrades to make !!!!his own TERMINATOR command squad!!!!(read a Company standard and apothecary) that he can join (unlike Sammael who does not play well with others)

I was thinking of using a Combi plasma and a lightning claw but then i thought if i fire the combi I wont be able to move into close combat.

Yep. That's one of the reasons why Azrael kind of sucks too. Your lightning claw is kinda pricey, and your Master won't get a bonus attack either. Depends on what you run with with though. I have fielded a Company Master with a jump pack, plasma pistol, meltabombs, and power sword. He runs with a 10-man Assault Squad with a powerfist and two plasma pistols. They are often joined by a Chaplain(Interrogator-Chaplain if I've got the points left over) with plasma pistol, meltabombs, and a jump pack. The unit hits hard enough to give most things trouble.

ANd just think, Belial and his "Command Squad" can be joined as well by a Termie Interogator Chappy, and then you can throw all seven of them Into a Crusader. If i were on the other end of that I'd be running as fast away as i could, Lest i have a chappy Belail and 5 termies all with FNP comming out the front end at me.

Twin Lightning claws, plasma pistol, and combi-melta. I mainly just think it would be a cool conversion project to work on, but he would potentially be able to bust one tank per game, fire off plasma shots, and get some good combat ability too. 150 points though. I generally find the company master not very points efficient in general though, but if you're going to use him, might as well make a few different models, some practical choice models, and the 'rule of cool' models like the one I mentioned.

Archived