Bearing the Word- Now with Recycled Metal Marines!

darth_giles

Ok, update time. I was able to recycle some of my metal figures enough to get three icon bearers, plus four more marines to help flesh out the first squad. These guys are going to be the flamer squad, and future squads will probably get meltaguns since I've found a few of those lying around as well. Pics will be forthcoming later, when I don't feel like someone activated the 3.0-era Banner of Rage in my general vicinity.

Ok, now that I'm a lot calmer than yesterday afternoon, here's the fruit of my labors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/darth_giles/Chaos%20Space%20Marines/RecycledMetals1.jpg

I'm not too happy with how the middle guy turned out. He looks really static compared to the other two. All three banner pole hands and poles came from Lizardmen spear arms; cut them off at the wrist, clip off the spear heads, drill and pin, and then a little super glue. I also drilled and pinned the arms; even though they're plastic, they're just awkward enough to try and break away or something.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/darth_giles/Chaos%20Space%20Marines/RecycledMetals2.jpg

Detail of the guy on the left. The arm turned out to be cockeyed for the body's stance, so it was a matter of figuring out a pose that would make sense in some form or fashion. I finally alighted on this one; he's using the banner pole to block an attack (the damn things are made of reinforced ceramite or something), while preparing to whack his attacker's knees off with his chainaxe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/darth_giles/Chaos%20Space%20Marines/RecycledMetals3.jpg

Two flamer marines, and a random bolter bunny. The guy on the left is the old "Chaos Space Marines with Special Weapons" flamer CSM from the 2nd Edition era. Thus far he's the only rank-and-file trooper to not have a legion shoulder pad, but he's just such a blast from the past that I couldn't resist using him in my flamer squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the lack of updates. I had a brief dalliance with orks. I say brief, because after modelling the bulk of the boyz in the battleforce, I tried to assemble the Trukk. Cause I like Speed Freeks and all that Well...

Let's just say that trukk is badly-fitted in a way the Marine vehicles will just never be. And there's no way I'm going to be assembling four or five of those things, open-topped assault vehicles or not. So I'm going to stick to Word Bearers for the forseeable future. Might go for Dark Eldar as a backup army for when I don't feel like CSMs, but I'm definitely not going to be building anymore orks.

Archived