WIP Blog Advise

This is technically a WIP so I suppose this is the best forum for this issue.

Hi all, I've recently started a blog, "Him on Terra," -- link in my signature -- which is essentially an in-depth hobby blog. Him on Terra chronicles the creation of an Imperial Fists force composed primarily of 5th Company. The goal is to thoroughly present the creative process, including modeling, painting, research, design and drafting narrative material.

I'm here to solicit your advise on the sorts of content which would make a successful hobby blog. So, any input, advise, or what have you would be much appreciated.

Thanks mengs.

First of all, your goal, your inspirations, your ideas and how the things that inspire you will help you achieve that or alter your project. anything new that is unavailable to the community, consider making a Step by step tutorial if you feel it is of a quality worth posting.

When painting, Step by step (obviously you can skip steps) but always consider that people will ask how so note down your process, and more importantly from my experience ask advice if you are unsure, and provide changed variations against originals.

I would even go as far as to use tools and materials readily available to other gamers, the only reason I say this is that something you do will always inspire someone else and being able to follow someones work without a hell of a way to just get to the stage where you can start really puts fuel into the fire that is the hobby, warhammer, and sharing what we love.

Above all do not let the thread die or exceed many forum pages, the best way to have a successful blog is to provide even the smallest update, even if this is only a question or statement, something that involves the community. People often forget that even if a blog is about ones self, it is primarily for outside viewing and enjoyment and often a source of inspiration (thank you machinepriest)

Hope this is a help to get a little bit off the ground, I am still trying to perfect the blog stuff too so :D

Funny enough I was reading your blog earlier haha, Should have checked that before writing a lengthy response! great work so far, carry on the way you are going, I for one already envy your work and dedication to document :D

Khr

Archived