Rules on blood talons

OMordha

N - one unit. He contacts the closest model, then the enemy models in that unit must attempt to get into base-to-base with the dreadnought or within 2" if possible.

The 1" barrier can be foudn int he movement phase - you cannot move within 1" of an enemy model unless you are charging it.

yessir!

Its mathematically improbably cause youre dealing with 3 circles to boot!

This would mean that the target you are charging is further away than the secondary target, and by mathematical coincidence hits the 2nd one at exactly the same as it hits the first one. Odds on this are too small to work out, and too finicky to do with the naked eye.

yessir!

Its mathematically improbably cause youre dealing with 3 circles to boot!

This would mean that the target you are charging is further away than the secondary target, and by mathematical coincidence hits the 2nd one at exactly the same as it hits the first one. Odds on this are too small to work out, and too finicky to do with the naked eye.

Never mind the fact that it's against the actual rules....

;)

You would have to direct all your attacks against one UNIT, which might or might not be a single model.

(By the 1" barrier I mean the normal rule that you are not allowed to move within 1" of an enemy model; charging and tank shocks both allow you to violate this rule.)

Basically a unit of one can practically never charge more than one unit. It is what it is.

G :lol:

The way I read the rules, there's no "practically" about it. If I remember rightly, it says that after the first model has been moved into base-to-base contact, other models can charge extra units. So a unit of one is not allowed to multi-charge by the actual rules, never mind the logistical challenges.

(From a purely logistical standpoint, I don't actually think it's as difficult as you might think - remember that you don't have to charge the closest unit. You charge the unit you shot. So there are plenty of opportunities for a model from a closer unit being in the right place at the wrong time to take a surprise Dreadnought in the face.)

(From a purely logistical standpoint, I don't actually think it's as difficult as you might think - remember that you don't have to charge the closest unit. You charge the unit you shot. So there are plenty of opportunities for a model from a closer unit being in the right place at the wrong time to take a surprise Dreadnought in the face.)

You're forgetting that the dreadnought cannot contact another model other than the closest model in the unit he was charging at. If he woul dhit a model other than teh one he was charging at beofr ehit contacted his original target, then he would not be allowed to move like that...

You're forgetting that the dreadnought cannot contact another model other than the closest model in the unit he was charging at. If he woul dhit a model other than teh one he was charging at beofr ehit contacted his original target, then he would not be allowed to move like that...

Hence "From a purely logistical standpoint". I didn't forget anything - if you actually read my posts, you'll see I plainly state a single model cannot multicharge as per the rules. I was just making a comment on the logistical challenge of intercepting a third circle of influence when you perform a charge with one circle into a second.

:lol:

But you're not allowed to intercept a third circle along the way - you'd have to hit it at exactly the same time, so your charge would have to be at a perfect angle, and the opponents models would have to be a perfect distance apart. From a purely logistical point of view - you're talking about something that only occurs in Theoretical Physics or Abstract Mathematics.

But you're not allowed to intercept a third circle along the way - you'd have to hit it at exactly the same time, so your charge would have to be at a perfect angle, and the opponents models would have to be a perfect distance apart. From a purely logistical point of view - you're talking about something that only occurs in Theoretical Physics or Abstract Mathematics.

Hence - again - "from a purely logistical point of view".

Logistically speaking, could I requisition a sandwich? Or do I have to theorize about the sandwich with symbolic logic?

Anyway...

The probability of getting a multi-charge with a dread is equal to the population of the galaxy. In other words, a single model unit multi-charge would need an infinite number of attempts to succeed. 1/∞=0. More or less.

ok, the question of multi-charging has pushed this thread well off track. As such, this thread will be closed and I recommend opening a new one in the official rules forum to debate the multi-charge issue.

Archived