Question about orc battlewagons

RastlinD

Hi just a quick rules question, last night I was playing on vassal with a friend and he had a battle wagon loaded out with 4 rockets and a kill cannon. He believed he could move 6 inches and still shoot everything on his wagon. I said that according to the rule book on page 60 that a vehicle that moves can only shoot one weapon and defensive weapons. However, he claimed since the rockets were listed as assault weapons he could do that. Who is right?

This is true for weapons mounted on the vehicle aye, you can only shoot one main(non ordnance) weapon and defensive weapons if you have moved 6 inches. However it is worth it to note if it is an opentopped battlewagon and the fellow had a squad of tankbustas, burnas or pretty much any orky unit in it the squad would be free to shoot their entire payload because they are using assault weapons and can shoot whether they move 6 inches or not.

I'm pretty sure that if the vehicle moves at cruising speed, passengers may not fire no matter what type of weapon they're firing, open-topped or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but I can't recall any rule which grants an exception to that speed restriction for open-topped vehicles.

I'm pretty sure that if the vehicle moves at cruising speed, passengers may not fire no matter what type of weapon they're firing, open-topped or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but I can't recall any rule which grants an exception to that speed restriction for open-topped vehicles.

True if the vehicle moves at cruising speed (over 6" not over 12" unless on a road) none of the models inside may fire regardless of weapons, this does not change if the vehicle is fast (fast changes how each speed affects the "vehicle" only, not the inches for each speed) or if the vehicle is open-topped (for passengers shooting it only removes the firing points restriction).

A fast transport still limits its transported unit from firing as the speed "flat out" as it treated exactly like "cruising speed" for all purposes except those noted in the fast vehicles section (BRB p70).

Aye that's what i meant, apologies if it was unclear, if a vehicle moves 6 inches or less passengers can fire as per regular movement rules.

Archived