Purge the Heretic

madscuzzy

Very nice work Macscuzzy, particularly liking the light cast by the flame onto the character. Splendidly rendered too. I do have one little point of critique. To me, it looks like she's not looking at the target she's firing at, which makes the shooting of the weapon look unfocused, like she's waving her sword and shooting her gun/flamer to scare someone, or just make noise, like orks. It doesn't quite bring about the idea of a professional warrior like a sister. I would think moving the pupils(or actually just the right side(our right)) more into line with the weapon, would make her more solid in emphisizing what she's doing. Just something that struck me as odd. Anyway, awesome stuff.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I think she is actually between kills. The Bolter/Flamer is already dispatching its' target, and now her sword is ready to taste blood.

My only critique is that the Flame should be engulfing the entire right side of the frame.

In the Bolter pic, we know that a projectile is on its way to kill a target that is out of our sight.

The Hand Flamer pic, is doing nothing for the viewers imagination. Expanding and filling the right side of the frame would imply that something is getting toasted out of the viewers sight.

A side note of the physics of flame weapons, for your viewing pleasure.

Great pics, I plan on using them on my triple monitor desktop.

It's a strength 3 weapon.

Ha. I do see your point. The reason why it isn't is based on the limitation of the screen. The banner is designed to fit different screen sizes. We need the black in the right side of the screen, else it would likely to be rather overpowering. :)

Archived