Inglorious Drunkards² (Tavern Brawls + Solo Duels)

MaveriK

I can give you a doll...

Are you sure your horn will fit? Perhaps you should visit a Chaos champion. They tend to have horns on their helmet. And yes, I understand a greenhorn doesn't necessarily have a horn. Unless they're a unicorn. Are you a unicorn, Arez?

Not answering as this is off topic.

Whos running the next brawl?

Alright, so for some reason Mav is actually letting me run the brawl. Oops. I'm going to start working things out and getting my stuff all set up. Expect signups and solo brawl challenges to open up sometime over the weekend, along with a slightly revised set of rules.

i call hendrik out

i'll be a...........nrth postal zynk are we packing up again?if so nrth what do u want me to be?

i know you said this weekend chapter master but i wanna sign up early ^_^

i call hendrik out

i'll be a...........nrth postal zynk are we packing up again?if so nrth what do u want me to be?

i know you said this weekend chapter master but i wanna sign up early ^_^

Yes, Felix shall play under the beard's command once more as Honor Guard (Wolf Guard), unless Nrth has a more suitable role for him.

You Wolves are in for a real treat once more. Having the honor of a Night Angel in your presence truly is a blessing. ^_^

Gladly. Currently, I'm going for the Iron Priest having either his special attack ignore armor, or have it not ignore armor but be an additional attack, as he's not that strong otherwise. Also, the Stormclaws are a mite overpowered, so I'm thinking they should a) give the unit Feel No Pain, either on a 4+ or a 5+, or :) have a limitation where only one Stormclaw can be healing in a square, to encourage splitting up the bunker. The Wolf Scout seems to be pretty well fixed right now. The Wolf Guard needs something, maybe an inspiring leader rule, to make him more beneficial.

Gladly. Currently, I'm going for the Iron Priest having either his special attack ignore armor, or have it not ignore armor but be an additional attack, as he's not that strong otherwise. Also, the Stormclaws are a mite overpowered, so I'm thinking they should a) give the unit Feel No Pain, either on a 4+ or a 5+, or ^_^ have a limitation where only one Stormclaw can be healing in a square, to encourage splitting up the bunker. The Wolf Scout seems to be pretty well fixed right now. The Wolf Guard needs something, maybe an inspiring leader rule, to make him more beneficial.

how about a RP and WP ?

just a thought :P

Gladly. Currently, I'm going for the Iron Priest having either his special attack ignore armor, or have it not ignore armor but be an additional attack, as he's not that strong otherwise. Also, the Stormclaws are a mite overpowered, so I'm thinking they should a) give the unit Feel No Pain, either on a 4+ or a 5+, or ;) have a limitation where only one Stormclaw can be healing in a square, to encourage splitting up the bunker. The Wolf Scout seems to be pretty well fixed right now. The Wolf Guard needs something, maybe an inspiring leader rule, to make him more beneficial.

i presonally thought it might be interesting to make his single Double strength attack an actuall powerfist blow. no armour save, no leadershiptest to see if you're still standing up, just raw sheer power punching you out cold in the blink of an eye!

the stormclaws are indeed the best choice available atm from my own experiance (because they actually require two failed wounds to possibly go down. giving them a boost to the unit is unnecesarry, maybe make them 5+fnp with a bonus for the mjod, if you intend to keep that?

maybe wolfguard can grant reroll to hit/wound when leading a pack?

how about a RP and WP ?

just a thought :P

Simple answer is NO. Long answer is no.

This has been brought up before, and I've mentioned this during season one Greenhorn. Take heed and listen! I've set up the tavern with the following.

- Inglorious Brawlers get the BASIC troop choices available within the Space Wolves chapter.

- League Members have the option to use the more elite and special troop choices.

So why would I want to bring up a Rune Priest, Wolf Priest or Wolf Lord in the mix? is that fair for everyone? just because your a league member, it doesn't mean you throw away the logic and common sense into the game... use it wisely, or I'm more than happy to revoke your league member status :P :HQ: but in all seriousness, and out of respect and showing their authority here at the Fang. The Rune Priest, Wolf Priest and Wolf Lord choices are reserved for the Fang's moderators. Nuff said!

Tavern Lord

- MaveriK

Tavern Masters

- Jonas Stromclaw

- hendrik

- Chapter Master Ignis Domus

- Brother Ramses

as for the Storm Claw issue... I left his rules the way they are simply because, if the opponent was smart, they would allocate all their attacks on the Storm Claw or target him and those like him early on the game. In the beginning we never had allot of League Members. Now as time progressed and more brawls happened the members grew. I realize that League members can become over-powered or abused to an extent if teamed correctly. But I still think that there are enough rules and tactics to balance that out. IF and I mean if I start to see a certain trend with the use of Storm Claws... I may just have to change it so that Storm Claws can only be teamed with 13th company members.

I am in as a Stormclaw... again. Now I just need a pack to party with...

@mav: if you do put a limit on the 13th company types, and that is an if, may I suggest making it that there needs to be at least 2 others from the 13th in the pack? This would grant the the fluff elements and allow for the bonding with others from the Fang. Maybe giving a similiar bonus to 13th in groups like you have for the scouts? Say for 4 or more 13th compny types?

- Inglorious Brawlers get the BASIC troop choices available within the Space Wolves chapter.

Looks at Felix adorned in midnight armor, glistening golden angel motifs, and noble regalia, his royal cape slowly fluttering from what little wind finds its way into the tavern

shrugs Looks Space-wolfy enough to me :)

In all seriousness, if you want to keep it within the SW chapter, then let's strike out the Tactical Marine rules. Although it was nice while it lasted, I don't really see anyone else using it in the foreseeable future.

In all seriousness, if you want to keep it within the SW chapter, then let's strike out the Tactical Marine rules. Although it was nice while it lasted, I don't really see anyone else using it in the foreseeable future.

Huh? I'm confused, since when did I even include a tactical marine in the troop choice selection for the tavern brawl? LOL

I hate repeating myself but as I have mentioned before, during season one, and even during the early stages of season two *current thread*. My original intention for this game was to hopefully bring other astartes chapters in the tavern, or do a similar tavern brawl with their own forum section with their own rules. But before any of that can ever happen, this tavern needs to perfect its rules!

So ask yourself, is it right to have a grey knight player/user for example to walk in here expecting to play GK troop choice for the brawl? so now I have to make up rules and add on more to the game, just for that one user? is it fair for the rest of the wolves here and to the guy running/rolling the dice to accomidate that single user? It would be a different situation if I had more than three other astartes users on the same chapter willing to join..... But you have to realize and use some common sense at the same time. This is after-all the Space Wolf section of the forum, and YOU are HERE in the Fang. Space Wolves are the only chapter who have taverns and drink. Remember, this is brawl is made for several reasons. Mainly it's here for FUN. Don't ruin it by not respecting the rules and the SW chapter.

Alright, here we go. Hrothgar the Rulesmith didn't change much, as the base choices are pretty well done at this point. I just rephrased the Stormclaw, made the Servo-Arm a power fist, and changed the Wolf Guard's third item to rerolling the pack's hits. So start signing up, grab a few ales, and tell me what you think of the changes. I'll close signups on Monday night EST, as that should give me enough time to iron out the kinks.

gallery_24878_5332_20521.jpg

Inglorious Drunkards II was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=194681

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=206879

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=217688

:: The Turn Sequence ::

1) Movement. A player moves similar to a rook and bishop in chess; moving any number of squares along rank, file, or diagonal

2) Shooting. (OPTIONAL, may go directly into combat if user wishes) Players can throw weapons available in each square tile in the map, weapons that consist from bottles, chairs, tables and the occasional Blood Claw. Shooting causes the player to be stunned and pinned.

3) Close Combat. Each user has the option to tag-team, or fight other users occupying a single tile in close combat. Once a player fails his save, he continues fight on with the following negative modifiers (-1 attack, -1 initiative) until he fails his leadership test.

Each member is responsible for giving out their instructions to their pack leader (alpha). Players have a total of 24hrs (12hrs North American side, 12hrs European/Asian side) to submit their instructions to keep the brawl running smoothly. once everyone's locked in combat the pase of the brawl may increase. Passed out or inactive members during the brawl are given a specified time to react (24hrs). If we hear nothing from the user, his character is then stripped, shaven, de-fanged, dressed as a Dark Angel marine and thrown out of the tavern, and is therefore referred to as an oath breaker! It's just that simple.

:: The Rules ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated bartender/servitor. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only five users may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to crash our party. Just remember, at the end of the night there can only be one man standing. Even if your team manages to be the victor of the night, the pack needs an alpha. Therefore to run your pack, you have to fight for the title.

4) Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if the drunkard can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 WS, -1 A, -1 I) the drunkard breaks off from combat and restarts at a safe location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconscious and is therefore subject to being used as a weapon by anyone in the tile or can be used as an ablative wound. ie. imagine a drunken Blood Claw being used by a long fang as a weapon

6) )mjod, before each round all the brawlers that are not locked into combat need to state wether they wish to drink a stein of mjod. incase of no answer it will be assumed they didn't drink any for that round. Should a brawler drink the mjod before the start of the turn a single D6 is rolled to see what effect the mjod has on the brawler. the results of the roll are descriped underneath and will last for the following D6 turns to represent the longer effect of the mjod inside the wolf his blood. Any brawler can opt to drink mjod in another turn, even if the previous mjod is still in effect. the D6 diceroll for the result however gets rolled with a -1 modifier, the third mjod with a -2 modifier etc. this to represent the increasing chance of getting pissdrunk

-6- the mjod kicks into action and the brawler start to feel capable of doing anything, the rouse is so complete he's unaware of pain and will only feel the bruises the next morning.- for the following game turn the brawler gains the feel no pain rule

-5- slowly starting to get drunk the brawler becomes more and more aggresive, getting fustrated easier and even more easy to jump into combat.-for the following game turn the brawler gains the furious charge special rule.(this bonus stacks with the furious charge of stormclaws)

-4- in an attempt to gain the upper hand the brawler breaks his stein after downing the mjod so he can use it as an extra weapon.- for the following game turn the brawler gains +1A

-3-2- the mjod seems to have no effect on the brawler

-1- the mjod gains the upper hand of the brawler, and his visage begins to blur as the combat ensues.before the start of the round the brawler become -1 WS and -1BS.

7) The last three drunkards remaining, become league members. If one of those players is already a League member, then it defaults to the next non-league member. League championship upgrades teams or characters to the following: Wolf Guard, Iron Priest, and Storm Claw.

8) The last man standing, wins the game and earns the title of Inglorious Brawler.

:: Pack Wide Rules ::

And They Shall Know No Fear

Acute Senses

Counter-attack

:: THE MAP ::

gallery_24878_5332_84867.jpg

:: Tavern Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_64204.jpg

(users choose one of the following troop choices)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Blood Claw

1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex

2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Hunter

1) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending

2) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed armour save

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Slayer (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

2) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Scout (Wolf Scouts are solitude warriors that are touched by Lokyar. Wolf Scouts may only join a team if there are two other Wolf Scouts attached in a team. Wolf Scouts working together and numbering three or more in a team, gains 3+ armour save for the remainder of the entire brawl.)

1) Brawlers who wish to strike at a Wolf Scout (shooting or close combat) must first roll Ld to see if he can attack the Wolf Scout

2) Disarm and Stun. During any combat, a Wolf Scout may attempt to disengage. The Wolf Scout rolls a D6: On a result of 4+, the Wolf Scout may redeploy anywhere on the battlefield after the combat round is resolved.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Long Fang

1) Double Tap. Long Fangs gain the ability to shoot two attacks per tile

2) Fire Control. Allows other Long Fangs who are sharing a tile, gains an added shooting attack to their Double Tap special rule.

ex. 3 Long Fangs sharing a tile, have a total of 9 shooting attacks

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

:: League Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

(League Members ONLY. Inglorious Brawlers may upgrade their characters to the following)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Guard

1) TDA. 2+ armour save

2) Runic Charm. May re-roll one failed armour save.

3) Pack Leader. All marines in the Wolf Guard's pack, including the Wolf Guard, Hendrik ( :D ), may reroll failed to hit rolls.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Iron Priest

1) Runic Armour. 2+ armour save

2) Bionics. May choose to forfeit all attacks to make a single double strength attack on opponent.

3) Servo-Arm. Acts as an additional power fist attack.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Storm Claw (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Furious Charge

2) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

3) Healing Potions & Balms. Old tech, borrowed from the 13th company wolf priest. The pack may ignore one failed armour save per Stormclaw.

SPACE WOLF CHAMPIONS

gallery_24878_5332_11488.jpg

SEASON ONE

Night One: Sturm Moonwolf (Long Fang)

Night Two: Growler67 (Wolf Scout Korvis)

Night Three: TiguriusX (Grey Hunter)

Night Four: MaveriK (Grey Hunter)

Night Five: Orphus (Blood Claw)

SEASON TWO

Night One: maverik_girl (Grey Hunter/Shield Maiden)

LEAGUE MEMBERS

League Member: Nacho Wolf

League Member: Firenze

League Member: Decoy

League Member: Mikal Wolfheart

League Member: Starkhan Fellblade

League Member: Wolf Lord Metuhs

League Member: The LoneWolf

League Member: Chapter Master Ignis Domus

League Member: hendrik

League Member: BrotherCrazywolf

League Member: Jonas Stromclaw