Inglorious Drunkards² (Tavern Brawls + Solo Duels)

MaveriK

I'll start the drinking off until Hrothgar the event planner, sets up for the brawl in a days time.

more mjod for my fellow pack mate, hendrik. Listen well whelps, for hendrik and I have many sagas to boast about. A toast... *raises tankard* "TO ALL THE GREYBEARDS! where ever you all are. I honor you all with these drinks and a duel to follow" (starts naming, while drinking) *to Bran Scalphunter, Dark Bjoern, WolfLordLars, Jonny Wolf...* (looks at hendrik) lets give these lads a good show wolf brother, I need the work out! and don't hold back my friend ^_^

Arez Greenhorn the Maybe Unicorn(I jest): ?

after the last brawl i think arez has earnedhimself a new name, Arez, the pissdrunk! seriously, no other player ever succeded getting so drunk he went down to WS1, BS1!!!

So is that a compliment?If so my thanks

Is it ok im a WG hendrik or do you want me to be something else?

he's clearly still a whelp with status... league status. It's amusing watching a Blood Claw put on a TDA armour hahahahaha but when the Iron Priest here at the Fang find out, you best run Greenhorn! it looks like this night 3 will be a brutal one. I may suggest holding off on the teams for now and just go royal rumble, seeing as there isn't many brawlers this time. Easier for Hrothgar to manage the brawl, very reminiscent of the early days of the tavern during season one. Which made it more fun, with less teams. Lets do this!

he's clearly still a whelp with status... league status. It's amusing watching a Blood Claw put on a TDA armour hahahahaha but when the Iron Priest here at the Fang find out, you best run Greenhorn! it looks like this night 3 will be a brutal one. I may suggest holding off on the teams for now and just go royal rumble, seeing as there isn't many brawlers this time. Easier for Hrothgar to manage the brawl, very reminiscent of the early days of the tavern during season one. Which made it more fun, with less teams. Lets do this!

if you don't wanna hit mav i understand skadi, but do it for me will ya? *looks all heroic and manly at skadi, pushing his broad an scarred chest far forward, showing his many manly scars* ;)

all good brother! enough of this talk, lets just drink and enjoy the fighting! you are an honorary wolf, and I'll join in this brawl with you at my side if your willing. I'd rather fight at your side than against you ;) Wolf Guard MaveriK ready for the brawl. I'm also calling out my pack brother hendrik, just for :cusss and giggles. It's more of a pack brother antic than anything. hendrik and I go back, very few greybeards here at the Fang left :P win or lose, the solo duel should be fun.

I'd be honored to fight by your side! The ale is warm in my core and my fists are feeling generous this night. Will you lead our pack, then?

Let it be known to all that the noble Lord of the Night Angels shall partake in this battle personally. Aye, my brothers, you shall be striking at my honor personally this time, but can you survive the coming darkness?

EDIT: I'm all for a free-for-all as well if it is a small brawl. I'll leave that up to Hrothgar the Arbiter.

Is it ok im a WG hendrik or do you want me to be something else?

what are you, a space wolf or a servitor?! :blink: what self respecting wolf asks another how he should hunt? clearly you're still a whelp in need of a lot of advise!

I was asking in case you had a plan and needed me to be a certain unit.

Wow back to the insults already?jeez its been nice around here with out those ;) ;) :P . joking joking. And im a Wolf, i would never run, unless of course its chasing someone or something

I am not really liking all these new rules being added as to what appears arbitrarily by whoever is running the brawl.

On the Iron Priest issue, having already fought against them twice, they do not need a powerfist that ignores armor. This is a brawl, not a battle. A powerfist attack is a killing attack, not a brawling attack. It would be akin to using lightning claws in a brawl, but we are not going to cut to deep to kill? Keep it the double strength attack that wounds easier, but does not negate armor or the leadership test for a failed armor save. As it is, attacking an Iron Priest you need to get by a very tough armor save and deal with getting wounded easier when they use their double strength attack.

On the issue of Storm Claws, again having fought them now in two separate brawls now, it takes tactics to take them down. Directing all attacks into them is tactically smart and something that even when drunk, we as Wolves should know how to take out. Having played one, the HP&B issue, is only an issue when people were not using tactics when attacking me. Last brawl, when attacks were directed towards me, I got knocked out.

With Wolf Guard, you are loading them up. A 2+ TDA and re-roll a failed save is essentially FnP ala Storm Claws. Re-roll failed to hits is pretty much preferred enemy ala Wolf Priest. I would say that the Wolf Guard should not have FnP and that the pack should be able to re-roll Leadership tests to keep fighting stunned., ala the point of WG, when they fail a save or have to take a pinning/stunned test due to ranged attacks.

I will be sitting this one out.

well said wolf brother, that's exactly how I set it up and planned. It's all good, for now it's to Hrothgar's call. great input thought, something allot of people need to think about. This isn't war, this is a bar fight. I set up the rules as such.. or tried too haha

well in all honesty i just proposed the no armour save attack because well, in all honesty, not a single brawler had ever used the double strength attack besides in the last one (and even then it was just becuase of a lack of instructions i opted for the double strenght attack). i'm also under the impression the runic charm acts just like it worked in our codex, eg, use it once and it's gone.

now where's mav! he still owes me a lock of his beard! :)

The beards up, and I'm gonna run under someone else's flag for once. If Mav's got the space and will it, I'll run with him.

(I'm training a new employee right now and she's attached to my hip for a bit, so I'm lacking time)

Why not hendriks pack flag hes a good leader

The beards up, and I'm gonna run under someone else's flag for once. If Mav's got the space and will it, I'll run with him.

(I'm training a new employee right now and she's attached to my hip for a bit, so I'm lacking time)

Why not hendriks pack flag hes a good leader

don't worry! quality >quantity anyday!

as for the new empolyee attached to your hip, completly got the hint mate! ;) must have been your beard!

Yet more updates. Hrothgar the Clerically Accurate currently needs the unit type from Nrthstar. Signups close in a mere six hours, so hurry up!

gallery_24878_5332_20521.jpg

Inglorious Drunkards II was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=194681

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=206879

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=217688

:: The Turn Sequence ::

1) Movement. A player moves similar to a rook and bishop in chess; moving any number of squares along rank, file, or diagonal

2) Shooting. (OPTIONAL, may go directly into combat if user wishes) Players can throw weapons available in each square tile in the map, weapons that consist from bottles, chairs, tables and the occasional Blood Claw. Shooting causes the player to be stunned and pinned.

3) Close Combat. Each user has the option to tag-team, or fight other users occupying a single tile in close combat. Once a player fails his save, he continues fight on with the following negative modifiers (-1 attack, -1 initiative) until he fails his leadership test.

Each member is responsible for giving out their instructions to their pack leader (alpha). Players have a total of 24hrs (12hrs North American side, 12hrs European/Asian side) to submit their instructions to keep the brawl running smoothly. once everyone's locked in combat the pase of the brawl may increase. Passed out or inactive members during the brawl are given a specified time to react (24hrs). If we hear nothing from the user, his character is then stripped, shaven, de-fanged, dressed as a Dark Angel marine and thrown out of the tavern, and is therefore referred to as an oath breaker! It's just that simple.

:: The Rules ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated bartender/servitor. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only five users may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to crash our party. Just remember, at the end of the night there can only be one man standing. Even if your team manages to be the victor of the night, the pack needs an alpha. Therefore to run your pack, you have to fight for the title.

4) Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if the drunkard can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 WS, -1 A, -1 I) the drunkard breaks off from combat and restarts at a safe location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconscious and is therefore subject to being used as a weapon by anyone in the tile or can be used as an ablative wound. ie. imagine a drunken Blood Claw being used by a long fang as a weapon

6) )mjod, before each round all the brawlers that are not locked into combat need to state wether they wish to drink a stein of mjod. incase of no answer it will be assumed they didn't drink any for that round. Should a brawler drink the mjod before the start of the turn a single D6 is rolled to see what effect the mjod has on the brawler. the results of the roll are descriped underneath and will last for the following D6 turns to represent the longer effect of the mjod inside the wolf his blood. Any brawler can opt to drink mjod in another turn, even if the previous mjod is still in effect. the D6 diceroll for the result however gets rolled with a -1 modifier, the third mjod with a -2 modifier etc. this to represent the increasing chance of getting pissdrunk

-6- the mjod kicks into action and the brawler start to feel capable of doing anything, the rouse is so complete he's unaware of pain and will only feel the bruises the next morning.- for the following game turn the brawler gains the feel no pain rule

-5- slowly starting to get drunk the brawler becomes more and more aggresive, getting fustrated easier and even more easy to jump into combat.-for the following game turn the brawler gains the furious charge special rule.(this bonus stacks with the furious charge of stormclaws)

-4- in an attempt to gain the upper hand the brawler breaks his stein after downing the mjod so he can use it as an extra weapon.- for the following game turn the brawler gains +1A

-3-2- the mjod seems to have no effect on the brawler

-1- the mjod gains the upper hand of the brawler, and his visage begins to blur as the combat ensues.before the start of the round the brawler become -1 WS and -1BS.

7) The last three drunkards remaining, become league members. If one of those players is already a League member, then it defaults to the next non-league member. League championship upgrades teams or characters to the following: Wolf Guard, Iron Priest, and Storm Claw.

8) The last man standing, wins the game and earns the title of Inglorious Brawler.

:: Pack Wide Rules ::

And They Shall Know No Fear

Acute Senses

Counter-attack

:: THE MAP ::

gallery_24878_5332_84867.jpg

:: Tavern Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_64204.jpg

(users choose one of the following troop choices)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Blood Claw

1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex

2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Hunter

1) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending

2) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed armour save

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Slayer (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

2) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Scout (Wolf Scouts are solitude warriors that are touched by Lokyar. Wolf Scouts may only join a team if there are two other Wolf Scouts attached in a team. Wolf Scouts working together and numbering three or more in a team, gains 3+ armour save for the remainder of the entire brawl.)

1) Brawlers who wish to strike at a Wolf Scout (shooting or close combat) must first roll Ld to see if he can attack the Wolf Scout

2) Disarm and Stun. During any combat, a Wolf Scout may attempt to disengage. The Wolf Scout rolls a D6: On a result of 4+, the Wolf Scout may redeploy anywhere on the battlefield after the combat round is resolved.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Long Fang

1) Double Tap. Long Fangs gain the ability to shoot two attacks per tile

2) Fire Control. Allows other Long Fangs who are sharing a tile, gains an added shooting attack to their Double Tap special rule.

ex. 3 Long Fangs sharing a tile, have a total of 9 shooting attacks

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

:: League Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

(League Members ONLY. Inglorious Brawlers may upgrade their characters to the following)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Guard

1) TDA. 2+ armour save

2) Runic Charm. May re-roll one failed armour save.

3) Pack Leader. All marines in the Wolf Guard's pack, including the Wolf Guard, Hendrik ( ;) ), may reroll failed to hit rolls.

4) Wolftooth Necklace. All attacks hit on a 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Iron Priest

1) Runic Armour. 2+ armour save

2) Bionics. May choose to forfeit all attacks to make a single double strength attack on opponent.

3) Servo-Arm. Acts as an additional power fist attack.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Storm Claw (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Furious Charge

2) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

3) Healing Potions & Balms. Old tech, borrowed from the 13th company wolf priest. The pack may ignore one failed armour save per Stormclaw.

SPACE WOLF CHAMPIONS

gallery_24878_5332_11488.jpg

SEASON ONE

Night One: Sturm Moonwolf (Long Fang)

Night Two: Growler67 (Wolf Scout Korvis)

Night Three: TiguriusX (Grey Hunter)

Night Four: MaveriK (Grey Hunter)

Night Five: Orphus (Blood Claw)

SEASON TWO

Night One: maverik_girl (Grey Hunter/Shield Maiden)

Night Two: Runningwolffenris (bloodclaw)

LEAGUE MEMBERS

League Member: Nacho Wolf

League Member: Firenze

League Member: Decoy

League Member: Mikal Wolfheart

League Member: Starkhan Fellblade

League Member: Wolf Lord Metuhs

League Member: The LoneWolf

League Member: Chapter Master Ignis Domus

League Member: hendrik

League Member: BrotherCrazywolf

League Member: Jonas Stromclaw