Inglorious Drunkards² (Tavern Brawls + Solo Duels)

MaveriK

Edit: Never mind. How about I have those instructions automatically happen first as recompense?

LOL your the tavern master and your running the show here, so its your call. Don't look at me as the guy who invented this game, treat me as a guy playing/participating in the brawl.

hendrik's pack.

and so brother turns against brother once more! bring it on!

me and skadi will charge into pack maverick joined up with kieran and tsavong. i've got no grudge with kieran (yet) so all attacks into nrth and crazywolf!

the rest will follow in hot pursuit right behind us. all fire on maverick btw (or do we have to charge the same opponent who we intend to attack? if so all fire into nrth and crazywolf)

Spoiler: Even more tankards are chucked.

gallery_24878_5332_20521.jpg

Inglorious Drunkards II was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=194681

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=206879

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=217688

:: The Turn Sequence ::

1) Movement. A player moves similar to a rook and bishop in chess; moving any number of squares along rank, file, or diagonal

2) Shooting. (OPTIONAL, may go directly into combat if user wishes) Players can throw weapons available in each square tile in the map, weapons that consist from bottles, chairs, tables and the occasional Blood Claw. Shooting causes the player to be stunned and pinned.

3) Close Combat. Each user has the option to tag-team, or fight other users occupying a single tile in close combat. Once a player fails his save, he continues fight on with the following negative modifiers (-1 attack, -1 initiative) until he fails his leadership test.

Each member is responsible for giving out their instructions to their pack leader (alpha). Players have a total of 24hrs (12hrs North American side, 12hrs European/Asian side) to submit their instructions to keep the brawl running smoothly. once everyone's locked in combat the pase of the brawl may increase. Passed out or inactive members during the brawl are given a specified time to react (24hrs). If we hear nothing from the user, his character is then stripped, shaven, de-fanged, dressed as a Dark Angel marine and thrown out of the tavern, and is therefore referred to as an oath breaker! It's just that simple.

:: The Rules ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated bartender/servitor. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only five users may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to crash our party. Just remember, at the end of the night there can only be one man standing. Even if your team manages to be the victor of the night, the pack needs an alpha. Therefore to run your pack, you have to fight for the title.

4) Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if the drunkard can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 WS, -1 A, -1 I) the drunkard breaks off from combat and restarts at a safe location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconscious and is therefore subject to being used as a weapon by anyone in the tile or can be used as an ablative wound. ie. imagine a drunken Blood Claw being used by a long fang as a weapon

6) )mjod, before each round all the brawlers that are not locked into combat need to state wether they wish to drink a stein of mjod. incase of no answer it will be assumed they didn't drink any for that round. Should a brawler drink the mjod before the start of the turn a single D6 is rolled to see what effect the mjod has on the brawler. the results of the roll are descriped underneath and will last for the following D6 turns to represent the longer effect of the mjod inside the wolf his blood. Any brawler can opt to drink mjod in another turn, even if the previous mjod is still in effect. the D6 diceroll for the result however gets rolled with a -1 modifier, the third mjod with a -2 modifier etc. this to represent the increasing chance of getting pissdrunk

-6- the mjod kicks into action and the brawler start to feel capable of doing anything, the rouse is so complete he's unaware of pain and will only feel the bruises the next morning.- for the following game turn the brawler gains the feel no pain rule

-5- slowly starting to get drunk the brawler becomes more and more aggresive, getting fustrated easier and even more easy to jump into combat.-for the following game turn the brawler gains the furious charge special rule.(this bonus stacks with the furious charge of stormclaws)

-4- in an attempt to gain the upper hand the brawler breaks his stein after downing the mjod so he can use it as an extra weapon.- for the following game turn the brawler gains +1A

-3-2- the mjod seems to have no effect on the brawler

-1- the mjod gains the upper hand of the brawler, and his visage begins to blur as the combat ensues.before the start of the round the brawler become -1 WS and -1BS.

7) The last three drunkards remaining, become league members. If one of those players is already a League member, then it defaults to the next non-league member. League championship upgrades teams or characters to the following: Wolf Guard, Iron Priest, and Storm Claw.

8) The last man standing, wins the game and earns the title of Inglorious Brawler.

:: Pack Wide Rules ::

And They Shall Know No Fear

Acute Senses

Counter-attack

:: THE MAP ::

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j448/Dyingdutchman2/ScreenShot2011-11-11at52552PM.png

:: Tavern Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_64204.jpg

(users choose one of the following troop choices)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Blood Claw

1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex

2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Hunter

1) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending

2) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed armour save

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Slayer (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

2) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Scout (Wolf Scouts are solitude warriors that are touched by Lokyar. Wolf Scouts may only join a team if there are two other Wolf Scouts attached in a team. Wolf Scouts working together and numbering three or more in a team, gains 3+ armour save for the remainder of the entire brawl.)

1) Brawlers who wish to strike at a Wolf Scout (shooting or close combat) must first roll Ld to see if he can attack the Wolf Scout

2) Disarm and Stun. During any combat, a Wolf Scout may attempt to disengage. The Wolf Scout rolls a D6: On a result of 4+, the Wolf Scout may redeploy anywhere on the battlefield after the combat round is resolved.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Long Fang

1) Double Tap. Long Fangs gain the ability to shoot two attacks per tile

2) Fire Control. Allows other Long Fangs who are sharing a tile, gains an added shooting attack to their Double Tap special rule.

ex. 3 Long Fangs sharing a tile, have a total of 9 shooting attacks

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

:: League Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

(League Members ONLY. Inglorious Brawlers may upgrade their characters to the following)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Guard

1) TDA. 2+ armour save

2) Runic Charm. May re-roll one failed armour save.

3) Pack Leader. All marines in the Wolf Guard's pack, including the Wolf Guard, Hendrik ( <_< ), may reroll failed to hit rolls.

4) Wolftooth Necklace. All attacks hit on a 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Iron Priest

1) Runic Armour. 2+ armour save

2) Bionics. May choose to forfeit all attacks to make a single double strength attack on opponent.

3) Servo-Arm. Acts as an additional power fist attack.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Storm Claw (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Furious Charge

2) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

3) Healing Potions & Balms. Old tech, borrowed from the 13th company wolf priest. The pack may ignore one failed armour save per Stormclaw.

SPACE WOLF CHAMPIONS

gallery_24878_5332_11488.jpg

SEASON ONE

Night One: Sturm Moonwolf (Long Fang)

Night Two: Growler67 (Wolf Scout Korvis)

Night Three: TiguriusX (Grey Hunter)

Night Four: MaveriK (Grey Hunter)

Night Five: Orphus (Blood Claw)

SEASON TWO

Night One: maverik_girl (Grey Hunter/Shield Maiden)

Night Two: Runningwolffenris (bloodclaw)

LEAGUE MEMBERS

League Member: Nacho Wolf

League Member: Firenze

League Member: Decoy

League Member: Mikal Wolfheart

League Member: Starkhan Fellblade

League Member: Wolf Lord Metuhs

League Member: The LoneWolf

League Member: Chapter Master Ignis Domus

League Member: hendrik

League Member: BrotherCrazywolf

League Member: Jonas Stromclaw

League Member: Wolf Lord Kieran

League Member: Brother Ramses

League Member: Arez

League Member: Zynk Kaladin

Night Three Brawlers:

Elithren, the Ummm.... : Grey Hunter A5 OUT COLD

Tsavong Lah, Extragalactic Alien: Grey Slayer A5

Wolf Lord Kieran, Talon of Fenris: Wolf Guard A5

Volsung of Blackmane: Blood Claw D5

Postal105, Who'd Better Not Go Postal: Grey Slayer H3 OUT COLD

Team Hendrik

Hendrik, Ye Olde Greybearded Pack Leader: Wolf Guard A2 Furious Charge(2 turns), used Wolf Charm, OUT COLD

Forte the Newly Greyed: Grey Hunter A2 -1 WS/BS(1 turns)

Skadi the Shield-Maiden: Stormclaw A2

Arez Greenhorn the Lord Drunk: Wolf Guard A2 (+1 Attack Solo Brawl)

Vantius the Valiant: Grey Hunter A2

Team Mav

Maverik, almighty Tavern Master: Wolf Guard C5 Furious Charge mjod(1 turns)

Zynk Kaladin, Embassy from the Night Angels: Wolf Guard C5

Jonas Stromclaw, Not Stormclaw, CMID ;) : Stormclaw C5 Furious Charge mjod(3 turns)

BrotherCrazywolf the Not-Quite-Crazy: Stormclaw C5

Nrthstar, Arch-Rival of CMID(Grr...): Grey Hunter C5 Feel No Pain mjod(2 turns)

Right, quite eventful, especially for those of us in Hendrik's pack.

With a thundering howl, Mav's pack executes a stunning maneuver, splitting forces while throwing tankards, as well as reviving the unconscious Volsung. The swarm of improvised weaponry slams home onto Skadi, wounding the Shield-Maiden. She unsteadily remains standing, however, bellowing out her rage at the brawlers. Meanwhile, the two members of Mav's pack who had split off to join Kieran and Tsavong brace for impact as Hendrik prepares to strike. Team Hendrik throws covering fire at the larger half of Mav's Pack, and manage to strike home with a single weapon, which simply bounces off a plate of armor. Their goal has been achieved, however, and Hendrik rushes forward into the blob, sidearming a spare plate at them, but missing wildly out of sheer exultation at Russ's best form of combat. His sheer bulk slams into the pack, demolishing what little remained of the tables, but then collides with the armor of Kieran in a demonstration of the unstoppable force and the immovable object. He swings out, sinking mjod-powered hits into Crazywolf and Nrthstar, but is unable to penetrate their inferior, yet still strong, armor. Tsavong Lah is the first to recover his wits, but his attacks simply bounce off the leviathan. The other three take time to aim their strikes, however, and strike home with a great deal more accuracy. The Talon of Fenris, drawing on his banks of wisdom, recognises the weak points of the suit of terminator armor, and strikes home there, stunning the aging Wolf Guard. Meanwhile, the Stormclaw and Grey Hunter coordinate their attacks, one distracting with the fury of the Mark of the Wulfen, while the other jabs and strikes, taking down the gigantuan warrior once and for all.

One quick note: Hendrik and Skadi couldn't both fit in the tile due to the order of events, so I sent Hendrik in, since I doubt they wanted to risk their Stormclaw.

oops! guess i missed that one! anway you guys go on as you please!with the rest of the tavern ganging up against you guys i guess it's best to just try to take out the stormclaws in team mav while skadi keeps the rest of you standing. hendrik out!*as the gigantuan warriors lies peacefully on the floor sipping ale from his tankard*

oops! guess i missed that one! anway you guys go on as you please!with the rest of the tavern ganging up against you guys i guess it's best to just try to take out the stormclaws in team mav while skadi keeps the rest of you standing. hendrik out!*as the gigantuan warriors lies peacefully on the floor sipping ale from his tankard*

I'm gonna stand and fight with the remaining members of team hendrik. I'll try to revive hendrik if I can, but for now we bring the pain!

leaving Volsung behind, and moving my pack (me, jonas and zynk) to B2. I'm gonna suggest crazywolf and nrth and have them stay with kieran and tsavong to where ever they wish to go. The three of us are gonna throw EVERYTHING at MavGirl first, then Arez should MavGirl fall. We will assault ONLY if possible, I don't want to get into combat if only one of my pack members can get into a tile. So far so good with my planning *BUWHAHAHAHA* nothing against hendrik, wished we would have teamed up with other wolf guard. But seeing as your my pack brother and also a worthy rival, it was best to take you out as soon as I could <_< mjod for me and my pack, this is a tavern after-all. Hopefully the results come into our favor! may the dice gods favor the bold.... or drunk.

--EDIT--

ahh screw it, if one of my guys can get into close combat against hendrik's pack then so be it. But shooting and taking down MavGirl first is a priority!

ahh screw it, if one of my guys can get into close combat against hendrik's pack then so be it. But shooting and taking down MavGirl first is a priority!

Please allow me the honor. Are stormclaws prevented from healing if locked in close combat? If so, I intend to prevent or at least delay the Shield Maiden from reviving the mighty hendrik.

Hendrik's pack! Prepare yourselves... should MaveriK see it fit, you'll find raising your leader to be not so easy for you must defeat the Angel of Out Cold himself!

Arez, would that be the pack with Volsung and Mav, or Kieran and Crazywolf?

Well since Maverik is going to be going after skadi I'll go after him so she can get to hendrik...or i'll intercept ZynkWich ever is more of a threat to skadi

Archived